The Old Folks Home

Funny for the day....

dog plot.jpg

Just spent 270 dollars at the grocery store. Havent been in a while. Mostly Soups and Yes one package of Toilet paper :wee. Some candy, ten pound bag of oranges and a bag of Cuties. I am the citrus eater here.. so Now we are ready to hunker down for a month.

Big Chain Store called Vons here. Sign at the door No more than a hundred customers allwed at a time. Check out lines no more than one person and one helper to go through check out at a time. And of course when I was waiting in line about twenty deep I got to paruse the seasonal candy... easter. Jelly bellies yumo. I held back on the Peeps one of my all time favorites.

I was stunned that they had toilet paper... bought a package of twelve. I had my son stock up on dog food He buys the Taste of the Wild food so he easily got two fourty pound bags about a week ago. So we are good there for a month. or two.

Not buying produce unless it gets consumed that day but bought fruit juice instead. We get fresh salads at two of our favorite drive through restaurants.

deb

Good the hear you made out to store Deb.. Morning Old Folks... We are not doing much less or more day to day, get up, watch news, drink coffee, clean birds .... We do go to the store maybe every other week, Costco is maybe three times a month :confused: feed store about 3 times a month .. We would go to dinner maybe 4 times a month ?

The source is a nurse, that works mostly with respiratory patients. Those with pneumonia, TB, advanced COPD, etc. They knew about it in China since December, but tried to cover it up. There were a couple Chinese students studying at the university here, that had been to China, and after they returned, got sick. When the respiratory problem got bad, they were admitted to the hospital. The nurse we know, is the one that tended to them in the hospital. At that time, things were still unfolding, so no one here really knew anything about the new flu.

I had mentioned that a lot of the staff at the jail, where my husband works, came down with this horrible flu, and there are a couple deputies there that 1 had recently gone back to China for a visit, while the other had her family come here to visit. BTW, the nurse's husband is a deputy too.

I have commented several times that, while we were very sick for at least 2 weeks, the kids were fine. They did not get sick.

Now, that we know more about it, and the nurse has seen plenty of confirmed cases of C-19, she is sure that's what we had back in Jan. She's working on the front lines, with confirmed cases. She accidentally re-exposed her family. Everyone in their family is fine, that got it the first time. Like in our household, the kids did not get it, back when the adults got it.

With the initial outbreak, kids seemed to have some resistance. Now, we're hearing more, and more about children being affected by it. I don't know for sure, but it seems to indicate that it might have mutated slightly, OR the initial resistance the children were showing, has now been depleted from exposure.

There is currently no mainstream test for antibodies. It is still unknown if there is any immunity once you've gotten over it, how much protection from re-infection it might offer, or how long any immunity might last.
Thanks for the clarification.

You are welcome Al. They have clamped down on the source of infection, but he's a very active 6 year old. Every once in a great while, he's been known to sneak down here, without asking permission first. Normally they discover it pretty quick. It's just the added danger of him spreading this, right now, while contagious.

As to how he got exposed, she has a sealed container she puts her work uniforms in, until she washes them. No one is suppose to go into it, but her. He couldn't find his superhero outfit, and went digging through the dirty laundry. He still couldn't find it, so he went into her sealed container. He knew he wasn't suppose to be in there, but wanted his superhero outfit. She wasn't overly concerned at first, because she wears a paper type gown over her uniform, shoe covers, and something on her head. They get tossed into the garbage, before she comes home. Like she said, she will start spraying her uniforms with disinfectant, before putting them in the container.

For the record, he has a twin sister. She is really mad at him, since she's in quarantine with the rest of them, even though he's the only one sick. She can't come play with the girls, all because he had to break the rules. She's insisting the the flu isn't punishment enough, and they should burn his superhero outfit. KIDS!!!!

Did house work kinda we all share it here but vacuumed and mopped had let it go too long
mop water went black in nothing flat... We did meld project Ma had a 70's table laminate top, metal legs..
We have a solid wood table hardwood same for legs that had gotten quite wobbly..
Took Ma's metal legs, had a center piece so that part was easy so is ours...
End result we are pretty happy with
003.jpg

For the record, he has a twin sister. She is really mad at him, since she's in quarantine with the rest of them, even though he's the only one sick. She can't come play with the girls, all because he had to break the rules. She's insisting the the flu isn't punishment enough, and they should burn his superhero outfit. KIDS!!!!
Yep, kids! ;)

With the initial outbreak, kids seemed to have some resistance. Now, we're hearing more, and more about children being affected by it.
As I understand it (as much as I can with so little medical info being given) kids aren't immune but generally have little in the way of symptoms. That means they are still carriers.

There is currently no mainstream test for antibodies. It is still unknown if there is any immunity once you've gotten over it, how much protection from re-infection it might offer, or how long any immunity might last.
And that is the frustration all of us feel! I hope SOMEONE figures that stuff out ASAP so we at least know the boundaries if we happen to get it or know someone who had it.

If he has it, she has it ... unless she got it earlier without symptoms. And then there is that part about how we don't know much about the aftermath. This stupidity of not testing everyone who was in contact with a symptomatic person is going to keep this thing moving fast.

Back
Top Bottom