The Old Folks Home

Sorry about the chick, @penny1960. It happens no matter how careful we are. Some just seem to be determined to die before their time.

When we tried to raise a few sheep 10 years ago we talked to our vet who raised show grade sheep and had a large flock. We asked him if he had any sage advice from his experience and he said, "Yes, dig a hole and have it ready. Sheep just love to die." We thought he was joking, he wasn't. I think it's that way with chickens also. By the time you realize one is sick and or dead, it's too late to do anything. Our vet here raises sheep also and agrees with that advice.

I'm spending the afternoon cleaning and shuffling around the cupboards making room so I can organize canned goods. We are stuck in February here. The temp is only 41 but the sun finally came out. It's supposed to be close to 80 by Tuesday.

I'm itchin to plant me some taters! Beets, carrots and turnips too!

Ivermectin works in a petri dish and has not been studied in any animals yet. The article I read said that working in a petri dish often doesn't translate to an effective human treatment.

Duh!

If everything that worked in a petri dish equaled a treatment, we would have cured cancer a long time ago!

Back
Top Bottom