The Old Folks Home

Heading up to Santa Fe today to water the yard and have a change of scenery. I now get why my dogs get so excited when I say "Wanna go for a ride?"

walkies.jpg

Spent Saturday tilling and churning soil in the beds. Yesterday was spent planting late Spring crops. The Red Delicious apple tree is so full of blossoms that it looks like a cotton puff. Thought I heard the Star Wars-like sound of a hummingbird going by, but couldn't see it. I filled the feeder anyway even though it's a tad early for their arrival. 13 of 14 eggs have hatched. Will need to move the peepheads out into the brooder and get the hatcher ready for the Easter Hatch-a-long batch.
Enjoying the wonders of nature, the hope and promises of more good things to come.

We bought the grands a bigger tent for Easter. A Coleman 4 person dome tent. When it arrived, Dh decided to go ahead, and set it up for them, so they could get some use out of it, before it gets too hot. It's easy to put up, and when he got done, he put the air beds in, then went on to bed, not telling anyone it was out there, BUT my can knew.

All day, my cat enjoyed staying in the tent. She slept on one of the air beds, came and got food, and water, then would go back out into the tent. Later that night, when the kids began putting their "stuff" in the tent, so the could sleep in it, the cat sat outside the tent, and watched. When they got all their "stuff" inside, and they all went into the tent, the cat got MAD. She growled, howled, cried very loudly, and meowed in protest. She did NOT want those kids staying in HER tent. It took us about 15 minutes to calm her down.

Next fall, when we set the bigger tent up for the kids, I may need to set the little one up for the cat. No, we don't spoil our kids, and animals here, at all.

Spent Saturday tilling and churning soil in the beds. Yesterday was spent planting late Spring crops. The Red Delicious apple tree is so full of blossoms that it looks like a cotton puff. Thought I heard the Star Wars-like sound of a hummingbird going by, but couldn't see it. I filled the feeder anyway even though it's a tad early for their arrival. 13 of 14 eggs have hatched. Will need to move the peepheads out into the brooder and get the hatcher ready for the Easter Hatch-a-long batch.
Enjoying the wonders of nature, the hope and promises of more good things to come.
It does sound like a nice day!

I am back to work...at home...

I sowed some peas today, and then surrounded the trench with some netting to try to keep out my dear chooks... I hope the weather, and the slugs, and the rabbits, and whatever else nature has tucked up her sleeve this year, are kind, as this is the first time I've grown veggies in years, and it would be nice if it didn't end in disaster :bow

I sowed some peas today, and then surrounded the trench with some netting to try to keep out my dear chooks... I hope the weather, and the slugs, and the rabbits, and whatever else nature has tucked up her sleeve this year, are kind, as this is the first time I've grown veggies in years, and it would be nice if it didn't end in disaster :bow
It is nice that you were able to start life in this terrible time!

Back
Top Bottom