The Old Folks Home

OK old folks, I need some suggestions. I know this is piddly all things considered but the delis at the grocery stores are closed. I buy freshly cut meats, not prepacked preservative ladened meat. That removes my regular daily lunch selection.

One can only eat PB&J and tuna sandwiches so many times a week. What do you all eat for lunch??
Grilled cheese, super healthy for you granola (the scary kind with flax seeds etc), yogurt

OK old folks, I need some suggestions. I know this is piddly all things considered but the delis at the grocery stores are closed. I buy freshly cut meats, not prepacked preservative ladened meat. That removes my regular daily lunch selection.

One can only eat PB&J and tuna sandwiches so many times a week. What do you all eat for lunch??
Salad, or Cheese Quesadillas, or leftovers, or soup, or an onion and tomato Sandwitch... YUMMY. Egg Salad sandwitch. Flat egg sandwitch with tomato on it as well.

deb

Lunch ideas for @bruceha2000 . I usually eat cottage cheese, fat free variety, or Cheese and crackers. Sometimes a small grilled cheese sandwiche.

DH on the other hand, for him today I made him a Spam Lite spam burger. He prefers it browned but good cold with a slice of cheese and mustard. Also we do PB&Js, hard boiled egg sandwiches. Cookies on the side or granola bars. Fruit when you can buy it and be certain that nobody has coughed up a loogie all over it...

How about popping a roast beef or pork in the oven and slicing for sandwiches whatever is left over? We do that. Also make left overs into barbecue for sandwiches. Same with pizza. left overs are lunch the next day. Casseroles are large and eaten until gone.

@Alaskan. It's spring in Alaska! You can actually see the road under all that snow!

@perchie.girl, congratulations on the new badge. Couldn't happen to a more deserving person! :hugs

@Cynthia12 Congratulations on the 10 year award!:hugs

It's in the mid 50s here today but the wind is gusting to God knows what so it feels a lot colder. Still got peas planted and more ground tilled for beans and turnips.

Just read where meat processing plants are starting to close in Iowa....wanna bet chicken is going to be on a lot of tables if this flu doesn't let up? I just told DH how fortunate we are. We have the land, plus the knowledge as to how to grow our own veggies...even if our bones don't like the idea....We have game, ponds with fish in them, and yes, more roosters than we need that can always be tossed in a stock pot and slow simmered if the need arises. The city people in large metro areas......I pray for them.

Back
Top Bottom