The Old Folks Home

HI chicka. Nice to see you again. My dad had a place on his nose. Instead of taking from his cheek, the doctor claimed there would be better blood flow (vein, arterie?) from his forehead. It took several months, and several doctor visits, but when it was all done, it looked really good.

1 lone duckling is WAY messier than a bunch of chicks.

We finally got some good rain this afternoon. The prediction is thunderstorms, and scattered showers for the next 5 days. Hopefully, it won't all bypass us.

I've always had a very high arch, and a narrow heel. We were fortunate that in the next town over, there was a shoe store that specialized in narrow, and wide feet. The shoes cost a bit more, but they had a decent selection of shoes that would fit me good. I know I had sneakers, maybe Keds, and there was an arch support insert I had to put in them.
My feet are big and wide. I blame it on running around barefoot most of my youth.

and our stores will NOT allow you in with a "re-useable bag."
Some here do, some don't. I've generally packed my own anyway since some of the baggers don't seem to understand you don't put fruit on frozen food. Or even that it is helpful to put all the refrigerated food in the same bag. So now I still do that instead of them doing it. I truly don't need a bunch of throwaway plastic bags, I've got about 10 reusable ones in the car. At the store (the big chain grocery) I just have them stick the items back in the cart and bag at the car. Yeah it is kinda of a pain. The healthy food store still gives $0.05/bag you reuse including produce bags.

The colored side goes out if you are sick.
Why are people who are sick even out in the stores??

Speaking of pleased today we let the cattle dogs loose in their new and improved back yard. Talk about happy.
And you post no pictures of the happy pups???? :smack;)

Drive-in movies are making a big comeback.
If they are still open and operating. No one is going to build a new drive in.

My feet are big and wide. I blame it on running around barefoot most of my youth.
The barefoot analogy doesn't work. I ran around barefoot most of my youth too.
One of my best friends growing up, had similar issues to yours. Her feet are almost (not quite, but close) as wide as they are long. She had a hard time getting comfortable shoes that fit, too. I took her to the place I got mine. They actually had shoes she could wear, that looked good.

Thank you. It's nice to see y'all still here. :) Dh has recovered nicely. He's doing great!
I will be starting radiation therapy next week. I had a thing on my nose that they took off. It was big and ugly and turned black. Gads! But 5 days a week for 6 weeks should kill what the Dr. left behind of it.

How are you?

And how is everyone doing?
Sorry to hear about the nose issue. I had skin cancer on my face, and had Moh's surgery. They got it all the first time.

Back
Top Bottom