The Old Folks Home

deb -- You survived. You've got this! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised -- even though painful at first -- how beneficial the therapy is and the improvements to your functionality. But, yeah, PITA and elsewhere. HUGS!

One of the commentators referred to the "unplanned disassembly" :gig
Right, I'll use that the next time I break something :D

Kind of like "unscheduled dismount," eh?

I hope you get it!
YEP!!!
IMG_2365.JPG

Here's the harvest yesterday of bok choi. Had some last night. Tasty! (Cannot honestly blame the varmint for coming back for more.)
IMG_2362.JPG

Always. Always always. Frustrated and angry? Justifiably so, but such acts of hooliganism damage the cause and dishonor the memory of the person whose death they are protesting. "You were brutalized, so I will behave like an unthinking brute in your memory?" How does that make any kind of sense? And what about the other people whose lives are now being turned upside down by the damage? As one person who lives in Minneapolis said, "these are the stores where I go to shop -now where am I going to go when I need stuff?"
I wonder if some of those "people" will be arrested after video surveillance is reviewed. Probably not, because then more looting and violence.

Seattle all but burned these where folks brought in to loot and burn not residents
There where peaceful protest earlier the whole thing was highjacked by thugs..
cars still smouldering this morning
They need to bring in the armed forces to deal with this crap. Show them it will not be tolerated.

I assume the looting is undertaken by opportunists using the disturbance as cover...?

yay! you've planned it well, so it should be exciting!
Yes opportunists for certain.

Planning is great implementation is slow.... :gig But I wont squabble because I am only paying for labor. I am buying the materials as I go. All good.

deb

I cut tons of wayward branches, then decided to do the kitchen floor. If I didn't keep going up to see if it was dry, and leaving new foot prints on it, it probably would have been done by now. :confused:
A watched floor never dries!

:lau

Therapy is doing a number on me. I had a panic attack during the evaluation. Then when the Actual therapist on Friday I actually Screamed when she had me lay on my back on the table. Bent knees helped some and rolling knees from side to side hurt all three ways side center and side. But surprisingly it partially mitigated after a while. My own stubbornness kept me going till she told me to stop.

I had no Idea how bad I was because I had been carefully avoiding pain for what a mounts to years now.

I am in pain today. I slept most of the day. But the pain is that which is from exercise mostly. I can be happy for that. She had me work on my leg ligaments and flexibility issues. And walk without the walker about twenty feet turn around and come back. I only staggered a couple of times Back was screaming when I got back. She sat me down in a soft-backed chair and put Moist heat behind my back.

Oh that was lovely. I sat there a good half hour it lasted that long.

I am ready to throw out my walker as soon as I can make it without. I almost pitched it at the clinic. It has no breaks the seat is broken and its partially the reason I am off kilter strength wise. Loading it in and out of the trunk.

I do Know I am a long way from being free from it. And My tears after the session were because I am soo overwhelmed by the journey ahead. These first weeks are going to be my hardest. But I REFUSE TO GIVE UP, as bad as I want to give in.

I am getting ex-rays soon of my back for the new Chiropractor. Hopefully they will Confirm one way or the other if I have Scoliosis developing. I have always had a sway back but its always been reasonably straight when it came to side to side.

I been falling a-lot these past couple of years. A sign? Maybe. Cause and effect? My left leg is definitely the weaker of the two. And I seem to fall on my left side mostly.

So there it is in a nutshell. As small of a nutshell as I can write.

There are some who have suggested I get this all looked in to. And now you know why I have been dragging my feet. Pun intended.

deb (who is cross posting three different places Sorry in advance)
You will get there!

It can be a long road but Physical therapy is very helpful

Back
Top Bottom