The Old Folks Home

Not hatching yet. Ducks or chickens, but do have five babies in our pond. Think it's a wood duck. Comes back every yr. Never have seen the male.
Screenshot_2020-06-04-22-43-56.png
Screenshot_2020-06-04-22-44-05.png
Screenshot_2020-06-04-22-44-27.png

Not hatching yet. Ducks or chickens, but do have five babies in our pond. Think it's a wood duck. Comes back every yr. Never have seen the male.
View attachment 2177513View attachment 2177514View attachment 2177515
So cool!

I have always wanted "cool" ducks, but our pond is way too small. I looked it up, and the "cool" ducks need a bigger pond. Some years we get mallards, since they are happy with little ponds.

Last year and this year a pair of ring necked ducks have checked us out, but they didn't stay last year, and I don't think they are hiding in the bushes this year either.

I loved the ducks at pond on the farm but they where wild
I could nap up there horse grazing near by .. Horse and ducks would alert me
if anyone came up or anything ...
I am so worn out but good worn out ... My legs are not sure they will carry me ....
Got allot of the yard cleaned up cutting by fences but hand .. Baking sourdough bread earlier and rolls next thing had to make dinner .. did that went back out to cut more then the Son bought a battery operated weed eater pretty light but sure nice took it in chicken yard

the Son bought a battery operated weed eater pretty light but sure nice

Battery powered tools are a delight, aren't they? My husband has been buying battery tools for several years now. There are some haters on his lawn maintenance forum that stubbornly insist that they simply don't belong in the hands of professionals, but he feels that they hold up pretty well, that the power they deliver is enough to get the job done most of the time, and them being lighter and quieter makes having to haul and charge all those batteries worth it. He still has a full range of gas-powered tools, of course, and for some things (like larger lawns) they are still the go-to, but whenever possible, he goes with the electrics. I have to think that not breathing diesel and 2-cycle fumes for all those hours every day has to be better for him, too.

Morning everyone!

Our pond is small also. We get the occasional crane or duck stopping by, usually wood ducks or teal, but they usually just land and spend the night, fish for food then leave.

Frankly, with the number of snapping turtles we have in the pond, I'd be afraid to let a mamma duck and her babies swim on it. When we first bought our homestead, I put out a float baited with chicken liver to see if we had any catfish in the pond. The next morning, no catfish on the line but there was a 10 inch snapping turtle that had swallowed my hook. Couldn't save him but it was a real eye opener as to what was hidden unseen in the pod.

Enjoying the duck/geese photos everyone. Thank you for posting them.

Has anybody heard anything from @Cynthia12?

This has just been released. The study, claiming hydroxychloroquine was causing heart problems, and that is was not very effective against Covid-19, has been retracted. It was false information. BTW, they now know it works as a prophylactic, helping to prevent people from catching Covid-19. A LOT of deaths could have been prevented, had it been more widely used.
https://www.wptv.com/news/coronavir...8DNZZ41jNRCz-RmqX8Wxp939YLT_clIgBgc3MRX0vSuM8

Morning everyone!

Our pond is small also. We get the occasional crane or duck stopping by, usually wood ducks or teal, but they usually just land and spend the night, fish for food then leave.

Frankly, with the number of snapping turtles we have in the pond, I'd be afraid to let a mamma duck and her babies swim on it. When we first bought our homestead, I put out a float baited with chicken liver to see if we had any catfish in the pond. The next morning, no catfish on the line but there was a 10 inch snapping turtle that had swallowed my hook. Couldn't save him but it was a real eye opener as to what was hidden unseen in the pod.

Enjoying the duck/geese photos everyone. Thank you for posting them.

Has anybody heard anything from @Cynthia12?

She has not been heard from since Monday. I'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom