The Old Folks Home

This has just been released. The study, claiming hydroxychloroquine was causing heart problems, and that is was not very effective against Covid-19, has been retracted. It was false information. BTW, they now know it works as a prophylactic, helping to prevent people from catching Covid-19. A LOT of deaths could have been prevented, had it been more widely used.
https://www.wptv.com/news/coronavir...8DNZZ41jNRCz-RmqX8Wxp939YLT_clIgBgc3MRX0vSuM8
X one million

BTW, they now know it works as a prophylactic, helping to prevent people from catching Covid-19.

Could you please include a link to a study that shows this? Everything I have seen has said there isn't any evidence that it is effective as a prophylactic, and that so far, what little benefit they may have seen when using it as a treatment isn't enough to justify using it. :idunno

Morning Old folks Slept the sleep of the dead last night woke at 8 this morning
popped out of bed feel prettty good .. Need a shower to make it right had my two cups

Attachments

• LLlaugh.gif
    LLlaugh.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 1
Could you please include a link to a study that shows this? Everything I have seen has said there isn't any evidence that it is effective as a prophylactic, and that so far, what little benefit they may have seen when using it as a treatment isn't enough to justify using it. :idunno
It seems like the confusion in this is a part of the politicizing of the Covid Pandemic. It makes me sad for our country when I see this.

We will likely need to wait until we see peer reviewed scientific articles in accepted journals. By then the pandemic will be over and since it has been politicized, many on both sides will not believe the results

Oh, that's NOT pooh in the water. It's food.
OK, well go with that ;)

Not hatching yet. Ducks or chickens, but do have five babies in our pond.
Wow, already?? Seems early.

Our pond is small also. We get the occasional crane or duck stopping by, usually wood ducks or teal, but they usually just land and spend the night, fish for food then leave.
The bird I see fishing in my small farm pond is a Great Blue Heron. We do get a couple of Canada geese and/or mallards migrating through each year.

Couldn't save him but it was a real eye opener as to what was hidden unseen in the pod.
Seems like snapping turtles are very people shy.

A LOT of deaths could have been prevented, had it been more widely used.
That isn't the resulting conclusion of pulling the concern over side effects. In fact a recent study show just the opposite - no statistical difference between using it or not:
Study: Hydroxychloroquine had no benefit for hospitalized Covid-19 patients, possibly closing door to use of drug

The only time we see snapping turtles is during breeding season then they turn into idiots, wandering around trying to cross roads, looking for places to lay eggs.

We encountered one in the middle of our gravel road. Silly thing's shell was a foot long. DH stopped the car, I got out, and lifted it the way you do a turtle so they can't bite you. Turtle was still craning its neck trying to take a chunk out of me. I got it to the shoulder where there was tall grass and it shuffled off.

No water around so I have no idea where it was heading or where it came from. We have common snappers and Alligator snappers here. Alligator snappers are protected/endangered.

Besides snappers we have sliders and red eared turtles in our pond. I love finding them when they have just hatched and are only about an inch long. Almost as cute as chicks.

The only time we see snapping turtles is during breeding season then they turn into idiots, wandering around trying to cross roads, looking for places to lay eggs.

We encountered one in the middle of our gravel road. Silly thing's shell was a foot long. DH stopped the car, I got out, and lifted it the way you do a turtle so they can't bite you. Turtle was still craning its neck trying to take a chunk out of me. I got it to the shoulder where there was tall grass and it shuffled off.

No water around so I have no idea where it was heading or where it came from. We have common snappers and Alligator snappers here. Alligator snappers are protected/endangered.

Besides snappers we have sliders and red eared turtles in our pond. I love finding them when they have just hatched and are only about an inch long. Almost as cute as chicks.
Maybe they travel far to mate?

Cleaned my coops then I took this great new weed eater with battery for the second day
ran that battey out again but look what it did View attachment 2178665
Girl, here in Missouri, we call that hay and bale it!

No joke! You would be amazed the number of people who let their yard grow just to bale the grass. Our vet even does it to his property except for the very front between the office and the interstate.

That looks like prime Brome hay to me!

Back
Top Bottom