The Old Folks Home

I have no idea why it turned out that way. All my birds came running to me. But I treated them like pets. lol And they dearly loved belly rubs.
I had a young couple come to buy some poults once. They started to reach into the brooder, and they all ran from them. lol I told them to reach out and wiggle their fingers. And they did. And all the poults came running to them! They asked me how did I teach them that.
I told them they love belly rubs. They thought that was so neat. And it was.

I have had chicks hatched from here that did that too. The parents were very friendly but at the other place, the rooster that hatched was aggressive to people.

It happens like that sometimes!

I had one hen that I got from someone who left all their birds alone. So we adopted them.
And on hen went broody. She was never mean, but she did not want to be messed with. So I didn't. She was a great momma hen to her chicks.
How sweet!! I have a broody right now but she just puffs up and hisses at me lol

HOT here today. 91. Won't even look at the heat index. DH and I went down to the timber this morning and after loading the tractor bucket with wood and finishing chaining a downed tree we looked at one another and decided that was it for the day. It was just too miserable there to hang around.

We did have something cool happen. Our trail runs along a deep ravine. Today, making our way down that trail, a big doe jumps up out of the ravine. usually they run like Elmer Fudd is after them with his trusty wifle never to be seen again but not today. The doe ran about ten feet, stopped, turned and looked at us. You could tell she was trying to figure out what we were, what the tractor was and why we were disturbing her beauty rest. She had a tuft of grass sticking out of her mouth and just watched us. No fear, no panic, she was still checking us out as we made our way away from her. I speculate that she must have had a fawn nearby but idunno. Sure was cool though.

HOT here today. 91. Won't even look at the heat index. DH and I went down to the timber this morning and after loading the tractor bucket with wood and finishing chaining a downed tree we looked at one another and decided that was it for the day. It was just too miserable there to hang around.

We did have something cool happen. Our trail runs along a deep ravine. Today, making our way down that trail, a big doe jumps up out of the ravine. usually they run like Elmer Fudd is after them with his trusty wifle never to be seen again but not today. The doe ran about ten feet, stopped, turned and looked at us. You could tell she was trying to figure out what we were, what the tractor was and why we were disturbing her beauty rest. She had a tuft of grass sticking out of her mouth and just watched us. No fear, no panic, she was still checking us out as we made our way away from her. I speculate that she must have had a fawn nearby but idunno. Sure was cool though.
It does sound like there was a fawn.

Back
Top Bottom