The Old Folks Home

I hate seeing them penned up to much. But everyone around here has a dog and they walk them along the back lane rght beside our house. All the neighbor dogs, most german shepherds, have seen the chickens and anyone could escape and get to the chickens when they aren't penned

Hardware cloth and a gun are my suggestions to that

This was our weather torrential rain we sure needed it had two of them
005.jpg

I hate seeing them penned up to much. But everyone around here has a dog and they walk them along the back lane rght beside our house. All the neighbor dogs, most german shepherds, have seen the chickens and anyone could escape and get to the chickens when they aren't penned

With the kind of predator pressure I have around here, I have two choices - pen 'em up, or kiss 'em goodbye, because I lose birds that free-range. Sometimes, you don't get a choice you like, you do what you have to do. :idunno

those collard greens looked tropical all green huge leaves in the middle of dead, frost didn't hurt them at all.

In the South, collards are a winter crop; some say they aren't good until they've had a frost or two. Personally, I can't say one way or the other. I don't like collards, period (but don't let on I said that, I have Georgia relatives that would disown me if they knew!):oops:

Back
Top Bottom