The Old Folks Home

To get absentee ballots in Florida, you must request them. They don't require them to be notarized. Banks here, offer free notary service to anyone that has an account with them.
Here we had to return a card that was mailed to us to get the ballot.

Learn something new every day.... and so true! Mom used to razz me about drinking milk and consuming dairy products -- "You know, humans are the only animals to drink milk after weaning," she would chide -- and she was about as big around as my little finger (she worked hard at it) and, well, I'm -- ahem -- amply zaftig. She discovered she had osteoporosis and then was on the regimen of pills that you had to lay down for a half hour or so after taking. What's worse, her advancing Parkinson's made her rather unsteady on her feet and we were always worried that she might break her face or arms with falling. Thinking that genetically I might have the same osteo problem, I scheduled a bone density scan. Nope, mine are thick and solid like cement.

On eyesight: I went to socially distance visit a secluded friend yesterday and drop off some summer squash (Yes, I'm a distributor of zucchini.) She suggested an outside on the patio visit because she hadn't dusted the house. I told her, "I'm not wearing my glasses. The house looks fine and, by the way, you look terrific!" But it was a nice day, so outside anyway.

- - -

The seasons are starting to change here in NM. I'm seeing some leaf changes, the mornings are cooler longer, and there aren't as many hummingbirds at the feeder. The ones that do show up are looking rotund, so getting ready for their migration back south.
Good for you for building bones early in life!

Sometimes I am a rebel and do not use my glasses at the checkout counter at the store. I am amazed that I can still see well enough for that sometimes!

Not only did I drink milk as a child, I drank raw milk. Back when I was growing up, this area was homesteading, and farming community. Most people had a cow, or more, and would supply neighbors that didn't have cows, with milk. My grandfather supplied them with vegetables, and pork. Dairy farmers were allowed to get the raw milk for their families. My mother's best friend was head of a huge dairy here, and they kept us in raw milk too. Later on, when this area became more citified, all that stopped.

Not only did I drink milk as a child, I drank raw milk. Back when I was growing up, this area was homesteading, and farming community. Most people had a cow, or more, and would supply neighbors that didn't have cows, with milk. My grandfather supplied them with vegetables, and pork. Dairy farmers were allowed to get the raw milk for their families. My mother's best friend was head of a huge dairy here, and they kept us in raw milk too. Later on, when this area became more citified, all that stopped.
bone loss can be caused by so much more than diet! My DW had a tumor(Benign endocrine) that cause osteopenia

Cap, sorry to hear about your chickens.
Thanks Clue.
20200923_192345.jpg

Back
Top Bottom