The Old Folks Home

I haven't hit bored yet, Cap. Not with everything I have to do here. I still need to clean the main coop, which I have been poking away at for the last two days. I have some unused nesting boxes that I need to tear out and put up some more metal siding inside to ward off the freakin mice. Then there is the shop that I am cleaning up, along with the hobby room. Next is my artwork which I try to work on at least an hour every day plus I have my quilt projects that I need to start back on.

No time to be Bored, at least not yet. Maybe in January.

We have snow in the forecast starting tomorrow night. 1-2 inches. Oh well, fall was nice while it lasted.

I haven't hit bored yet, Cap. Not with everything I have to do here. I still need to clean the main coop, which I have been poking away at for the last two days. I have some unused nesting boxes that I need to tear out and put up some more metal siding inside to ward off the freakin mice. Then there is the shop that I am cleaning up, along with the hobby room. Next is my artwork which I try to work on at least an hour every day plus I have my quilt projects that I need to start back on.

No time to be Bored, at least not yet. Maybe in January.

We have snow in the forecast starting tomorrow night. 1-2 inches. Oh well, fall was nice while it lasted.
I am not done with fall yet! I have lots to be done before winter hits. The list is too long to recite.

20201023_121753.jpg
She needs to stop putting her beak in the outlets!

there's a brand new smartphone sitting on the coffee table. My learning curve is -- errrr -- steep
I refer to mine as a "Smarter than me" phone

I have all the required paperwork, and proof of everything. I just hate to have to go in.
We don't have to prove insurance with the DMV, it is needed during the annual inspection .... or if you get pulled over by a cop. Car reg is just "sign this form and send us money".

We are having a covid surge here...I am not amused. Heard on our local HAM Club Net today that the local ICU is filled and having trouble finding places to send their overflow.

Not too tickled to hear that either.

What I AM happy about is that I got the last of the apples picked. Sent a big box to one neighbor along with a box of pie pumpkins, Sent two boxes of apples and a box of pie pumpkins to our other neighbor who sent us a box of pint mason jars filled with green beans and carrots! And a fourth box of apples and pumpkins to the Amish family who does our haying.

I did 4 quarts of apples to the freezer yesterday and DH helped me put 4 more quarts in today. Hoping for 16-20 quarts all together. The rest will go to the neighbor who gave us all the canned goods.

My chuckle for today was this:

Diesel, Master of the utility room and ruler of all he sees! And yes, the upper bunk with the springs and padding is still his per his decree.

He knows he is boss

We have to have safety inspections here unless the vehicle is an antique. Both of our diesel vehicles, DH's Jetta and my Mercedes qualifies for that honor. We had my car listed as antique. Here you can only drive 1000 miles per year unless you are traveling to a show or driving for maintenance like a garage or autozone. I seldom drive it more than a few hundred miles anyways. Mostly I drive the econoline which we call our farm truck. Nice being able to haul things and not have them get wet.

We also have to prove insurance.

Our tax bill arrived today. The good news is... they went down! :celebrate I guess there is a plus side to living in a plain Amish style home!

Back
Top Bottom