The Old Folks Home

Evening ladies and gents.

Picked the last of the apples today. Had a teleapointment with my doc which went well. He's treating my worsening pain and gave me permission to postpone my next Dexa Scan till next year. Not too thrilled to have to go on with the Prolia till then but ya do what you gotta do.

I got a good look at my Ameraucana hen today and had to crack up laughing. What a pathetic pile of molting feathers. She's down to just yeah, down and and even that is tuffs. I'd take her picture but I just don't want to embarrass her.
They look very funny when they moult!

I got 3 eggs today. My Tolbunts look like porcupines.

I have a SDW hen that looks that way. Poor baby. Two of the SDW roosters were trying to mate with her yesterday and I rescued her. Little thing felt like a pin cushion. It had to be painful.

Any reason why the roosters would molt before the hens? Other than just to make their lives miserable that is?

How ya feeling Cap? Sinus infection any better I hope!

Been meaning to ask you if you use a nettie pot or bottle irrigator on your sinuses? I've been using one regularly for about 6 months now. Normal saline rinses 1 part salt to two parts baking soda mixed with two drops of baby shampoo.

Yeah, it sounds horrible but really works.

I have a SDW hen that looks that way. Poor baby. Two of the SDW roosters were trying to mate with her yesterday and I rescued her. Little thing felt like a pin cushion. It had to be painful.

Any reason why the roosters would molt before the hens? Other than just to make their lives miserable that is?

How ya feeling Cap? Sinus infection any better I hope!

Been meaning to ask you if you use a nettie pot or bottle irrigator on your sinuses? I've been using one regularly for about 6 months now. Normal saline rinses 1 part salt to two parts baking soda mixed with two drops of baby shampoo.

Yeah, it sounds horrible but really works.
Still blah. Doctor won't see me without a Covid test. I have not gotten up the nerve to pour water up my nose.

Garage said drive 300 highway miles and bring her back.
I've heard 50 miles, not true. I've been through this many times and have been successful many times. You can drive 50 miles or drive a thousand. All has to do with what resets the modules for what vehicle. So many miles at certain speeds, rpms, stops, idling, ... it varies, no set mileage.
Pretty funny when oldest DD was looking for a vehicle we ended up in PA, less rust there. Vehicle she was looking at looked pretty good. We had to wait for a couple people ahead of us, then us, dealer says NY or PA. NY. Well then we have a problem then he says, engine lights are on all our vehicles we don't have to deal with that here but we can't have a drop of rust....
Makes a lot of sense... we can have tons of rust but engine light kills a vehicle..

Back
Top Bottom