The Old Folks Home

I spent the best part of last night in the hospital, I was having palpitations so I figured the best thing to do was go to the hospital. Wrong. We got there at 12:30, and the doctor didn't see me until 5 am. It was ridiculous. Made me wish I had just stayed home.
So the outcome is I get to wear a monitor for a week.
:hugs

I spent the best part of last night in the hospital, I was having palpitations so I figured the best thing to do was go to the hospital. Wrong. We got there at 12:30, and the doctor didn't see me until 5 am. It was ridiculous. Made me wish I had just stayed home.
So the outcome is I get to wear a monitor for a week.
That is a long time to wait for a heart issue!

@CapricornFarm, I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with yet another health problem. You neither need or deserve that but for what it's worth, I have an arrhythmia along with Paroxysmal Tachycardia since about 1978 and I know how scary it can be.

The fact that you set there for almost 5 hours without seeing a doctor is appalling! Whoever was doing triage didn't know what the H they were doing because cardiac always takes precedence. Unless they have somebody who just walked in that are bleeding from an artery or some other such severe trauma.

Feel better. Millions of people live normal lives with Afib and it could be behind the way you have been feeling lately. Hope they get it sorted out.

@CapricornFarm, I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with yet another health problem. You neither need or deserve that but for what it's worth, I have an arrhythmia along with Paroxysmal Tachycardia since about 1978 and I know how scary it can be.

The fact that you set there for almost 5 hours without seeing a doctor is appalling! Whoever was doing triage didn't know what the H they were doing because cardiac always takes precedence. Unless they have somebody who just walked in that are bleeding from an artery or some other such severe trauma.

Feel better. Millions of people live normal lives with Afib and it could be behind the way you have been feeling lately. Hope they get it sorted out.
Thanks Becky! I think the emergent cases came in by ambulance. We got a weird feeling when there was no one at the desk to take my name or get my vitals. Plus of course, they don't allow visitors so hubby was out in the car freezing. I told him to go home. Finally when I hadn't seen a doctor in a couple of hours, he gave in and went home. I called him around 6 am to come get me. It wasn't just the long wait th as t bothered me. I had to ask for a blanket, was never even offered a drink. Plus they didn't come in to check on me or let me know what was going on. They just hung out at the nurses station chatting. And the alarm was binging continuously , because my BP was elevated. No freaking wonder!

I had the a similar thing happen when I was having a pancreatic attack. I have pancreatitis and this one was bad. I waited several hours too in the emergency room. I went to the VA hospital which is over an hour away. Luckily hubby brought a book not knowing how long I would be in there. They did admit me to the hospital for several days to get it under control. I haven't had an attack in a quite a long time but usually can tell when I have a flare up and can adjust my diet, but that time the pain was really bad. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom