The Old Folks Home

You just wait girl! It's all downhill from here! :hit :oops: ;):D

EmtheFishLady -- Whoo boy! Just wait for the real fun. The warranty expires at 50 to 55-ish and it's all maintenance and replacement parts from there.
Actually, it wasn't until 60 that things got really bothersome. But there's plenty of foretelling of things to come leading up to it.

Knees feeling okay today after yesterday's mishap. Thumb a little sore, but I'll survive. It was more humiliating than anything else. When you tumble like a toddler, it helps to be closer to the ground. Otherwise, you don't bounce as well. Luckily I have -- ahem -- personal padding and was wearing a VERY bulky bathrobe to fend off the chilly weather.

Got the Christmas shopping all done yesterday, gifts wrapped and packaged into their postal parcels. Just need to trek to the Post Office. Next up will be Christmas cards. The holidays would be great if not for the chore aspect. Just feels like another thing added to an already overloaded cafeteria tray. Trying not to be bah humbuggy. DH and I are watching a Christmas movie per night. (not my choice!) Last night was "Just Another Christmas" -- a Brazilian dubbed import that was reminiscent of "Ground Hog Day." Silly. And -- as all Christmas movies are -- poignant. Well, I have three weeks to get in the spirit...
You two aren't making me feel very confident. :hmm
Glad you weren;t hurt more. :hugs

We were just sent an email from the Director of the Writing Program that said that the UD Davis expects Spring Quarter to be the same as Fall and Winter Quarters with no in-person classes.

The expectation is that vaccines will not kick in soon enough to resume in-person classes.

:thIf so, I will have been working from home for over a year!
I am one of those people who actually kinda has enjoyed the pandemic thing, because it gives me an excuse to not do social stuff I never wanna do anyway. Whenever anyone calls to invite me somewhere I just say "IN A PANDEMIC?!?!":yesss:

Saw this one today. DH is a therapist, so we got a chuckle...

Therapy birds.jpg

Back
Top Bottom