The Old Folks Home

The snow of '67 in Chicago was a traffic stopper- sorry mind fails me now regarding inches but cars were abandoned on the bridge. At home people in neighborhood took turns digging out parking places(almost no one had a garage) and pushing cars into them.
My sister came to fetch me home from my grooming shop and we nearly got stuck on the bridge - glad she did. Otherwise I probably would still be there.

Village I live in for 51 years now, excellent snow removal services except driveways- can be a nightmare themselves.
Don't ya just hate it when the snow plows push heaps onto the end of your driveway?

FROGS???

IN FEBRUARY????

:eek:
Croak croak... there's a swampy area across the road from my house.. It is plenty full and the frog have come out to play. As long as it's above 32 degrees there is some degree of croaking going on, but when it's 60 + degrees they are only thinking of one thing..... catching skeeters!

We all worked some, and got the door made, the railing up, the door attached to the sliders, then lifted the door to get the sliders into the rail. A few adjustments, and it's done. It was a LOT of work, and expense, but it slides real easy, and looks nice. I can't really say it's worth the expense on the building we're using it for, but at least Dh learned how to do it, which is what he wanted. For a barn, nice large storage shed, boat house, etc., I'd highly recommend that type door. For a pump house, or smaller shed, not so much. It's overkill. Next job is to paint it.

We all worked some, and got the door made, the railing up, the door attached to the sliders, then lifted the door to get the sliders into the rail. A few adjustments, and it's done. It was a LOT of work, and expense, but it slides real easy, and looks nice. I can't really say it's worth the expense on the building we're using it for, but at least Dh learned how to do it, which is what he wanted. For a barn, nice large storage shed, boat house, etc., I'd highly recommend that type door. For a pump house, or smaller shed, not so much. It's overkill. Next job is to paint it.
I agree.

The doors on our barn are like that... nice to have the doors slide to the side and not get in the way.

Back
Top Bottom