The Old Folks Home

I figure on the Bell Curve of life expectancy we long ago crested. So with whatever amount of time you have left you can "get busy living or get busy dying."

So enjoy and savor. If you've gotta have that scrumptious cake, indulge (in a slice, not the whole cake.) Be kind to yourself. Every day you wake up is one more day to cherish and appreciate the hours, the surroundings and your people.

(quote from "The Shawshank Redemption")

Peep, glad you didn't have a bad reaction. I'll wait. Maybe it's because I'm in Florida, and have a totally different perspective of things. We're the only state that, after the first lockdown was lifted, refused to go into lockdown again. In addition, we have no mask mandate. All our businesses are open, and have been. All our schools opened, as usual, at the start of the school year. Disney, Sea World, Busch Gardens, etc., are open. Some people do wear masks in the stores, or in public, but some don't.

You would think our covid numbers would be off the charts, but the opposite is true. We are the 11th lowest state with covid cases, and deaths. However, the states with lower numbers, have a significantly lower population. Going by numbers per capita, we have the lowest numbers.

That is amazing @getaclue. Here, in our county and the county north of us, the number of active cases is low. I think Adair county the last time I checked had 11 active cases and our county, Macon, had single digit numbers.

We would both like to wait as long as we can also. Our thinking is that the vaccine will evolve and become safer with time. We are in no hurry either.

It's a personal choice. Everyone has the right to make their own decision. Neither of us want to rush into it blindly nor do we want to feel pressured into getting the vaccine when we have both experienced severe side effects and have unanswered questions and concerns about it.

When you ask is this safe if I take this medicine or have this condition and they say, I don't know. That is when the yellow alert sirens go off in our heads.

We aren't saying we won't take it eventually. We just want to wait before the questions are answered and the yellow alert claxons turn off.

Back
Top Bottom