The Old Folks Home

We started the Spring Tradition today. DH sharpened up the chain saw, cranked up the tractor and he dropped our first tree of the season.
No snow but the ground is still frozen? By the time the snow melts here the ground gets mucky, still can't go out in the woods with the tractor.

Don't worry, influenza will likely be back strong next year as we stop our PPE habits
Yep. Pretty much non existent this season though that is what I expected due to the precautions taken for Covid.

No snow but the ground is still frozen? By the time the snow melts here the ground gets mucky, still can't go out in the woods with the tractor.

Yep. Pretty much non existent this season though that is what I expected due to the precautions taken for Covid.
Ground here has thawed, turned to muck, froze, thawed again. Muck began to dry out. Temps went up. Ground thawed completely and turned muckier. Is now dried out enough that we can get the tractor out and about with only mild tire trenches around the barn.

So far we have brought two bucket loads of wood in and probably another two off of the first tree we dropped. Just a drop in the bucket but at least the annual tradition has begun.

I forgot to add, I had no idea that was going on with Blooie. I went back and found her thread about it. Heartbreaking. That lady has been through so much.

I don't want my question getting lost... where's our Blooie?
No one seems to know. That's always scary.

@Cynthia12 the Princess and I have had our second shot - Moderna - had no reaction other than a slight injection site swelling for 24 hours. Hope that you have a similar experience.

No one seems to know. That's always scary.

@Cynthia12 the Princess and I have had our second shot - Moderna - had no reaction other than a slight injection site swelling for 24 hours. Hope that you have a similar experience.
How did Princess enjoy her birthday?

How did Princess enjoy her birthday?
She had a good day. 4 of our 5 grandkids contacted her as did our daughter. Our son called today - day late and a dollar short. We went out to eat at an upscale restaurant and had a great meal . Owner used to be one of my Webelos cub scouts, and his wife is the daughter of one of the Princess's best friends. Nice to socialize just a bit.

Back
Top Bottom