The Old Folks Home

Good Morning all you early risers! (And you OFs too!) What's for breakfast, I'm hungry!
food.JPG

Been busy this morning mine are the size or yours they went to banty coop last night .. My little black silkie is broody she welcomed them ... My hatch of three is out of little brooder in the big one .. Now I get to clean coops
have to get photos then
Would love to see photos.. The ones in the pics above are 4 weeks old.. They will be going out soon into their own grow up pen.. Who knows, I may even put them in with Bonnie my BO, who has never been broody, but is a very gentle soul.

Must be you were good at it :D
I don't supposed I've heard anyone scream but I've seen a few blue/black inner elbows. Must have been at least some grimacing going on. Clearly someone wasn't good at it. Lucky for me I have big veins, easy to see, easy to hit the first time.
Me too, my veins are big, DWs are small, like non existent, she has had some bad experiences with drawing blood. Me besides what they took in boot camp haven't had the experience until recently donating blood (it freaks me out but I did it), her she's had it done many times with her having five kids.

Hear something funny, not so funny. Good thing I have a old backhoe that works. Septic backing up. Happened first time Easter leaking into the basement, no biggie replaced part of the pipe. Really sucked cause we hosted Easter and guess what? Can't use toilet...
Probs of and on since. Bought some products that should help nope.
Ran a snake down think I hit tank, around 35' should be close but can't go no further , come up with some hair and toilet paper no help.
Fired up old '64 Case 530 backhoe dug tank up tried to run snake up other way just getting lots of toilet paper just a couple feet in. DW prob right she figured it was our end of the world supply of toilet paper, we don't usually buy the soft thick crap but all that was available. Going to wait for daylight tomorrow and try some more snaking...

My cousin in GA won't use Charmin, because it doesn't agree with her septic tank either. I too have a septic system, but use the Charmin red package, 2 ply. We've never had a problem with the septic tank breaking it down, BUT more than once we've had to plunge the drain line going to the septic tank. The youngest was using handfuls, and flushing it. If she didn't clog the toilet, she'd clog the line. It's aggravating, but easy to fix with our system. She finally learned not to use so much.

Again, we've never had a problem with the septic tank being able to break it down, but I do something my mother taught me as a child. Once a month, I "feed" the septic tank. There's a whole eco-system going on in a septic tank, to break down waste. Several things can cause an imbalance, and it gets sluggish, or quits working properly. Here in Florida, fresh water intrusion, from heavy rainfall, and putting too much soap/cleanser/disinfectant type products down the drain at a time, tend to be the main causes of breakdown in that eco-system.

When you're at the grocery store, buy a few of the cheapest cans of dogfood you can find. When you get to the baking aisle, buy a few packets of dry yeast (not cake yeast). Once a month, put a couple packets of yeast in your toilet, then flush. Next, put at least half a can of the dog food in the toilet, and flush. I typically follow this with 1/4 - 1/2 cup of sugar, then flush.

All I know is, we lived in one house for at least 6 years, then moved to a bigger house, and lived there for 8 years, and never once did we have septic problems at either place, or have to get them pumped out. Neither house was new, so it's not like we started out with new septic systems.

Back
Top Bottom