The Old Folks Home

Grand ol' morning to all OF's. This cool weather still getting colder after weeks of nice weather kinda sucks. Got some more wood yesterday but can't unload without tearing up the back yard, but Have to unload it today. Debating on church today. Kids have been stuffy and cranky. Not quite a fever. Better safe than sorry I suppose.
Good thing I have a old backhoe that works. Septic backing up.
A very nice thing to have around. When I finally got something bigger than my 9N it was great, and it has a front end loader.:woot
I "feed" the septic tank. There's a whole eco-system going on in a septic tank, to break down waste.
We use Rid-X almost once a month. We usually forget but don't have any problems since the tree roots clogged up the pipe.
I'm up and ready to go....to the coffee pot!
Yea same here. When I don't "have" to do something my self motivation is low these days.

It's time to meet my two new little girls. I brought them home on Friday. The Leghorns don't get broody, so hopefully these girls will take over that chore when they get a little bigger.

Attachments

• 20210416_091720 2.jpg
    20210416_091720 2.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210416_091852.jpg
    20210416_091852.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210416_163316.jpg
    20210416_163316.jpg
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 3
Must be you were good at it :D
I don't supposed I've heard anyone scream but I've seen a few blue/black inner elbows. Must have been at least some grimacing going on. Clearly someone wasn't good at it. Lucky for me I have big veins, easy to see, easy to hit the first time.
The main reason for bruising is not applying pressure long enough after removing the needle. Unless you're really bad at it and dig around a lot.

I was just reading some of the posts on this forum. It seems that you can tell someone's age by their posts. I was reading some of those "if you don't eat meat, you shouldn't eat plants because plants have feelings, too" posts, and thinking this has to be a kid indoctrinated in our current school system. OK, I stopped eating meet in the 80's, but for totally different reasons. That's why Leghorns suit me very well. But the attitude behind this makes me think youngster, so I came in here for a bit of grown-up chatter.

I was just reading some of the posts on this forum. It seems that you can tell someone's age by their posts. I was reading some of those "if you don't eat meat, you shouldn't eat plants because plants have feelings, too" posts, and thinking this has to be a kid indoctrinated in our current school system. OK, I stopped eating meet in the 80's, but for totally different reasons. That's why Leghorns suit me very well. But the attitude behind this makes me think youngster, so I came in here for a bit of grown-up chatter.
Welcome! What type of Geckos are your favorites?

Back
Top Bottom