The Old Folks Home

I ordered the liquid rat poison & ramik online. It's difficult finding a good spot to put the poison so the birds, squirrels and chickens don't get it. The rats obviously live in the yard bank which is in the hot sun almost all day so they should be thirsty. So I'll cut rat holes in the side of a cardboard box and put the poison inside and set it on the yard bank-providing it's not raining! I read someone soaked sun flower seeds in the liquid. Maybe add some peanut butter because they need to be lured inside. I saw a really big rat and tried setting the trap again like Penny uses.The trap was snapped and landed 3 feet away but no rat. If they refuse to eat, I will try the bucket.
There only source of water I think it's by the chickens unless they get it by the neighbors dogs

I ordered the liquid rat poison & ramik online. It's difficult finding a good spot to put the poison so the birds, squirrels and chickens don't get it. The rats obviously live in the yard bank which is in the hot sun almost all day so they should be thirsty. So I'll cut rat holes in the side of a cardboard box and put the poison inside and set it on the yard bank-providing it's not raining! I read someone soaked sun flower seeds in the liquid. Maybe add some peanut butter because they need to be lured inside. I saw a really big rat and tried setting the trap again like Penny uses.The trap was snapped and landed 3 feet away but no rat. If they refuse to eat, I will try the bucket.
There only source of water I think it's by the chickens unless they get it by the neighbors dogs
Rats in my experience get pretty smart. Had a super bad rat prob when we first moved to our house. Used many different styles of traps they get wise to them and avoid. Didn't want to poison but gave up on trapping when each new method didn't get the job done.
Resorted to poisoning and haven't had much of a prob since.
Don't get the dog food looking poison they just take and stash. Might kill them eventually but you'll find the stuff all over the place hidden. The bait blocks same thing. Look for the bait blocks that have a hole through them. Screw a 3" sheet rock screw through them down to something piece of board whatever make them have to chew it up to get it, kills and gets rid of them quicker.

Rats in my experience get pretty smart. Had a super bad rat prob when we first moved to our house. Used many different styles of traps they get wise to them and avoid. Didn't want to poison but gave up on trapping when each new method didn't get the job done.
Resorted to poisoning and haven't had much of a prob since.
Don't get the dog food looking poison they just take and stash. Might kill them eventually but you'll find the stuff all over the place hidden. The bait blocks same thing. Look for the bait blocks that have a hole through them. Screw a 3" sheet rock screw through them down to something piece of board whatever make them have to chew it up to get it, kills and gets rid of them quicker.
I do have the ones with a hole in them and stopped using them when I found them under the trees nearby. They were slightly nibbled on

One of my Candy corn hens today.
20210615_154124.jpg

Try to make things as natural as possible-- Rats are very hesitant about new things.

Morning, OF! I'm up and at 'em, at least right now. We'll see how the energy level holds up.

It is nice and COOL this morning. About 51, so I baked something, knowing I wouldn't heat up the kitchen too much. Actually, it felt good to stand in front of the oven when I took the grownies out.

Help yourself; lots of good things like oatmeal, quinoa, raisins, banana, applesauce, etc. in them. They go very well with coffee!

Back
Top Bottom