The Old Folks Home

@lovesfarms, I am so sorry to hear that your dh is back in the hospital and having problems. Poor guy is sure having more than his fair share of problems.

Why are they trying to avoid a feeding tube for him? Just curious as we nurses get sometimes.

You have Crohns also, don't you? Please take care of yourself. All this stress isn't doing your own digestion any good either. Prayers sent for both of you. :hugs

@lovesfarms, I am so sorry to hear that your dh is back in the hospital and having problems. Poor guy is sure having more than his fair share of problems.

Why are they trying to avoid a feeding tube for him? Just curious as we nurses get sometimes.

You have Crohns also, don't you? Please take care of yourself. All this stress isn't doing your own digestion any good either. Prayers sent for both of you. :hugs

His Gi talked with us on the phone 2 days ago and said he thinks he needs a feeding tube. He needs to drink about 5 bottles of ensure a day to build himself up. He got diarrhea from to much ensure. His GI is on vacation now but his colleagues are treating him at the hospital. They fixed a bleeding Mallory Weiss tear in his esophagus yesterday which was causing chest pain (they stretched his esophagus a couple months ago because scar tissue didn't allow his food to go down, he kept choking so don't know if the tear was due to that. They didn't visually find active Crohn's but did biopsies, but all say the ulcers in his mouth and throat are from crohns. He needs his GI back! They said he was severely dehydrated. It's the second time in a week he was in the hospital for dehydration. So many Drs say they don't understand Crohn's well and are at a loss to start treatment, they all agree he looks very ill. I told him if they suggest a feeding tube don't say no!!! In his state of mind a feeding tube means being strapped to a hospital bed the next couple weeks and I know they send people home to a normal life on feeding tubes (at this point, he thinks the hospital is going to kill him so he isn't willing to do some of the tests so I explain to him why he should do them). So I'm going to ask about it today again. He was NPO yesterday and clears today. I had asked his GI for help from a dietician and he said he's beyond a dietician. Yesterday they were fixated on controlling the infection if that's stable today, it's time to pressure the nutrition angle. The Drs don't wear lab coats so you have to really listen for introductions so you know who to ask questions. The nurses wear blue and the aides wear green. I know his GI had in his notes for a feeding tube.see what today brings. If they send him home as is... Its just not possible for me to put weight on him. At 118 lbs now, there's nothing more to lose except maybe my sanity

I'm so proud of me. Got the entirety of the back 40 cut this morning and did the kids front yard before I got too sweat and hotty. That's a new record for me.
20210804_075053.jpg

The nearest portion gets done with the Yard Max and bagger when it dries out. It was sodded years ago.
20210804_075058.jpg
20210804_075108.jpg

Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaa!
20210804_075141.jpg

The juvenile girls taking advantage of newly cut munchies.

Morning all!

@CSolis, you rock! Now load that mower up, head west, cross the Mississippi at St Louis, head north and don't stop till you reach Macon county. Call me when you get there and I'll guide you in. I have about a half an acre to mow right now and just can't get motivated to do it. :lau

@lovesfarms, I just can't find the words that will make you feel better. My heart breaks for you and your husband and I know how helpless you feel right now.

A PEG tube would be a blessing for him right now. And you are right, it wouldn't mean being sequestered to a hospital for him. It would be a way to get nourishment into him without the pain and discomfort he is having with his esophagus and mouth right now and they can always be reversed.

I think you are doing all that you can do. My best advice is to start rattling cages if you have to with the docs that are standing in for your regular GI doctor.

118 pounds?:this all I can say.

Back
Top Bottom