The Old Folks Home

Don't wannna go to BYC Jail:gig
hententiary.jpg

Not here either?

Saw neighbor had a eggs for sale sign few weeks ago $2dz.
Kick myself in the butt every time I buy store bought....
Today he stopped over, chit chatted awhile, then he asked if I was getting any eggs... no actually haven't seen a one since fox attack and moving chickens and waiting for hatching eggs, got one .... one ...
So. ,, He stopped back with three dozen beautiful brown eggs. Can't wait to crack those suckers open with some bacon !
What's that saying go? Good fences make good neighbors but good people make even better neighbors??

Today he stopped over, chit chatted awhile, then he asked if I was getting any eggs... no actually haven't seen a one since fox attack and moving chickens and waiting for hatching eggs, got one .... one ...
So. ,, He stopped back with three dozen beautiful brown eggs. Can't wait to crack those suckers open with some bacon !
What's that saying go? Good fences make good neighbors but good people make even better neighbors??
Oh yum!

The fence contractors around here are all 3-5 months back up still. Don't know when the neighbor will get his fence moved from my yard but apparently his fence didn't pass inspection for the permit because he doubled up his fence and fence posts to add height (and maybe strength?) Maybe 5' wasn't enough for German Shepherds. So if he hasn't moved his fence till mine comes in, I will use his portion that's on my property till he moves it and once he moves it then I will complete mine. If worse comes to worse I can still get an attorney come spring time. I'm not supposed to touch his fence, he had a no trespassing sign on it for awhile till the weather took it down so I believe using his fence will make him act quickly! (Yes, a no trespassing sign to keep me off my own property😡)
Life is like a game of checkers, it's all about strategy and maneuvers (actually, I'm trying to avoid paying lawyers fees. I would just like my yard back- and not full of big washed out muddy holes)

Nice neighbor very nice

Congratulations on your 100% hatch! Your incubator sure allows for a phantastic view.
I love to watch them pop out and blink their little eyes at the world:love. It never gets old, even after more than 20 years.
Thanks! I've quite a bit of success so far. I find the bantam crosses are pretty robust when they hatch. Last hatch only one of 13 made it, same pair, But mom was a first time broody and she kept tossing eggs out of the nest, then quit on day 18 with three remaining eggs. One was clear, one a stink bomb and one ended up being Karen Corn Puff.. Friendliest little chick I've ever hatched!

Back
Top Bottom