The Old Folks Home

Cuddle time with the ladies!! I don't know about the rest of you but my time spent with the ladies is therapy hour. And what a better way to interrupt you then a neighbor man taking pictures of you from different angles and threatening to report you to the boro! I take meds for anxiety and the therapists question is, what is your personal medicine? The chickens! But my personal medicine can't work when someone constantly threatens you. I try SO hard not to let it get to me. The neighbor says they have to be in a fence at all times. The codes enforcement officer said I'm allowed to have them in the yard without a fence as long as they stay there. I only have them out of their pen when I'm outside and they never go on his property. I have a nice big yard. I am going to fence in the whole yard with horse fence but it took the surveyors 4 months to come out and it will go 6 weeks till the fence is out up. The boro office said he will push my permit through fast but the boro office is closed till Monday. All other fence people said it will take till January to come out. I have up on chain link cause I think ordering that in is part of the hold up. She's still mowing on our property... Is the only access to their side and front yard. I finally made a police report this morning so I don't have to do up with his intimidation practices. Hopefully they will back off. What would you do???
I would do exactly what you are doing. You keep following procedures. Let them gripe their way into tickets, jail or lawsuits!

She's still mowing on our property... Is the only access to their side and front yard.
Which is their problem, not yours.

I would be having kaniptions.

I am VERY sorry that you are stuck with that neighbor.

I would keep looking for ways to force them to follow laws. But I would not engage directly if at all possible.

And yes, installing a quality fence is a great idea, you might want to use a no-climb fence. I think with that kind of neighbor, a no climb fence, and fencing as much of your land as possible is the best choice.

So yes maybe include as much of your front yard as possible.

Once the fence is in put in thick vines/bushes so you can't see the neighbor.

She's still mowing on our property... Is the only access to their side and front yard.
So, their property is adjacent to yours at the side, not the back?? Trying to wrap my head around this. Their house can't be that close the the property line, I assume, so what is blocking them from mowing the side and getting to the front yard? Even when I lived in a development, the houses couldn't be within so many feet of the lot line. What ever is obstructing them from mowing their own yard is their problem, not yours!

She's still mowing on our property... Is the only access to their side and front yard. I finally made a police report this morning so I don't have to do up with his intimidation practices. Hopefully they will back off. What would you do???
If they can't get to the side and front of their house the buildings are likely illegally close to the lot line. If that is the case and the town isn't going to force them do a "remodel" to the legal setbacks, they will have to put a garage door on the back side of the garage so they can go from back to front without leaving their property. If you have small setbacks (some places it is 3') and their mower is wider than that .. TOO DAMN BAD, they can get a narrow push mower for the side and front.

What is on the other side of their lot that keeps them from going around that side?

Put up some no trespassing signs on the lot line; when the fence goes up, move the signs to it. Take a picture or video of them whenever you see them on the wrong side of those signs. Give those to the police.

:hugs this would be stressful for anyone and you have the anxiety issue to start with.

Back
Top Bottom