The Old Folks Home

Big rooster in little package. Never fails.

@getaclue I spaz every time I even THINK I see a rat tunnel near the coop. The big guns come out. I'm stuffing Ramik down tunnel holes and covering the area around the hole with chicken wire. The Tom Cat bait holders come out. The only thing I hate worse than rats are mice.

Kudos to your menfolk for declaring war on rodent for you.

I love those metal racks also. Several years ago we picked up two when they were on sail at Orschelns for something like 49 dollars. These were the 'folding' heavy duty racks. One is in the radio room and holds all of our radios and the other is in the shop and holds my surplus non perishable pantry goods overflow from the kitchen. Wish we had bought two more while they were on sale.

Down to 10 here tonight.

I'm still tired of winter.

It's 9 here right now which means they missed the over night low of 10. One of the HAMs we know is a TV engineer. He said that the big running joke in the studio is that weathermen are the only staff who get paid big bucks to be wrong half the time.

I seriously have so much to get done out in the coop and runs that it is starting to make me antsy. I need to put new netting up and get the rocks raked out of the run. Evidently once upon a time there was a drive way near where my coop is. The chickens scratching around brings crushed rock up like the soil is puking it out. Once I get that done I need to cut a new pop door into the east wall for the bantams and separate off a section of the main run for them. THEN I need to make a new gate for the bachelor run. And all I need is a week of nice winter weather to get things started.

Usually in early February we can get some days where the temps are in the high 40s to low 50s. This time last year my hens were starting to lay again but nope, not this year.

So yeah, I need a little preview of spring and I need it NOW!

It's 9 here right now which means they missed the over night low of 10. One of the HAMs we know is a TV engineer. He said that the big running joke in the studio is that weathermen are the only staff who get paid big bucks to be wrong half the time.

I seriously have so much to get done out in the coop and runs that it is starting to make me antsy. I need to put new netting up and get the rocks raked out of the run. Evidently once upon a time there was a drive way near where my coop is. The chickens scratching around brings crushed rock up like the soil is puking it out. Once I get that done I need to cut a new pop door into the east wall for the bantams and separate off a section of the main run for them. THEN I need to make a new gate for the bachelor run. And all I need is a week of nice winter weather to get things started.

Usually in early February we can get some days where the temps are in the high 40s to low 50s. This time last year my hens were starting to lay again but nope, not this year.

So yeah, I need a little preview of spring and I need it NOW!
I am with you, it can't come soon enough for me.
I did get the Turkey coop finished ( clean out) and sprayed for bugs. You would think those bugs would let up in the cold, but they just keep chewing the birds.

I have 2 freshly washed chickens in my bathroom. As soon as they get good and dry, out they go! Only 2 more left to clean from that coop. Plus i will be adding a pullet to the group.
20211230_142028.jpg

Back
Top Bottom