The Old Folks Home

Morning Old Folks aside from finding them putting their little heads in the traps .. Bait is my best friend I can see them take it..
Chickens, dogs, cats here smart enough to keep it from all of them.. Sure Clue is too.
I meant the dead rats, not the actual bait. :)

Lace agate? That's super cool! Geodes are fun too!
Yeah, When I talked to the neighbor and got permission to raid the creek on their property the husband told me that one of the boys had found a geode. Not a great one but a good find.

Man we bought the farm from came up one day from his next door property and said he had crossed the creek and found a spear point sticking up out of the sand. Sure enough, it was a beauty. Lots of Native artifacts around here I've read. Arrow heads, bird points, spear points. Just got to be lucky enough to find them.

There are some geodes here also. More the farther north you go in the state. Keokuk, IA is a hot spot for geodes. My goal is to get up there to a 'geode farm'. You play a flat price and go dig for your own geodes.

I washed my truck today. Even with the step ladder, I need to be 3 foot taller, and my arms need to be at least a couple feet longer too. It was 94 degrees out, and it took me a couple hours to get it washed twice over, then wiped dry. When I got finished, I felt more like I'd been run over by the truck, instead of just washing it.

I'm now researching best options for something attached to an extendable type pole, for the top of the roof, top of the windshield, and the way-back-there area of the hood, for the next time I wash it. Tomorrow, I will see how I feel, and maybe get at least half of it waxed. If I don't get it waxed, I'll vacuum it out, and wipe down all of the inside. It would be so much better if it were not so hot out. At least I can hose myself down some, when I get too hot.

Back
Top Bottom