The Old Folks Home

No, still feeling lousy and hubby always acts like he doesn't believe i am sick. He really can be a jerk sometimes.
Unfortunately, sooner or later his health is going to take a dump and suddenly things will be made clear to him.

Until then, take care of yourself and take it easy. My husband is very supportive. I am very lucky, because he knows if I hit the sofa and don't move other than to feed the birds and dogs, and make the meals, I'm sick.

If I say, will you feed the birds and gather eggs and oh, by the way, there are Marie Calendar Meat Pies in the freezer for you to make for dinner, and plant myself unmoving on the couch bundled in a blanket with the tv remote clutched in my hand then I am REALLY sick.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is take care of you and admit defeat until whatever is making you miserable passes.

I gather you don't have vehicle inspections there? Here any opening into the cabin will fail the inspection.
Nope, none.

If we had vehicle inspections I bet half the cars would be kicked off the road. Poor people would no long be able to afford a car. :idunno

Public transportation is incredibly limited up here.

We have inspections here unless you have antique/historical (AKA OLD) cars and have them licensed as such and then you can forgo the inspections.

How well you do on inspections has a lot to do on where you go. Went to one and they had a whole list of things that 'failed' the car. Went to a second one and they passed the car. No problems found. Think it depends on how good business is or isn't for some. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All of you in Ian's path or near path. Stay safe, please.

Unfortunately, sooner or later his health is going to take a dump and suddenly things will be made clear to him.

Until then, take care of yourself and take it easy. My husband is very supportive. I am very lucky, because he knows if I hit the sofa and don't move other than to feed the birds and dogs, and make the meals, I'm sick.

If I say, will you feed the birds and gather eggs and oh, by the way, there are Marie Calendar Meat Pies in the freezer for you to make for dinner, and plant myself unmoving on the couch bundled in a blanket with the tv remote clutched in my hand then I am REALLY sick.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is take care of you and admit defeat until whatever is making you miserable passes.
The problem is, the latest things i have been diagnosed with are not curable. Fibromyalgia, Meniere's disease, and scleroderma. I already have IBS, Renaud's sydrome, eczema, cardiac issues and likely a few more i can't remember. I feel bad all the time, but right now is worse with the headaches and spine pain.
I still have not unloaded the truck from the big swap , and hubby wants to make a run to the garbage dump on Thursday . Which means i have to move all that gear and cages.

The problem is, the latest things i have been diagnosed with are not curable. Fibromyalgia, Meniere's disease, and scleroderma. I already have IBS, Renaud's sydrome, eczema, cardiac issues and likely a few more i can't remember. I feel bad all the time, but right now is worse with the headaches and spine pain.
I still have not unloaded the truck from the big swap , and hubby wants to make a run to the garbage dump on Thursday . Which means i have to move all that gear and cages.
I know Cap. I don't think I need to list the things I'm dealing with. Days I feel good are seldom more than the days I feel bad although I had about three good months this summer until the colon inflammation started in again.

Still don't know what caused that. As long as I eat what the doctors tell me I can eat, namely low fat, no nuts, no seeds, low sugar and oh, BTW, keep your weight up while you aren't eating anything that tastes good or can keep weight on you I don't feel too bad. On top of that drink at least 80 ounces a day of water (IBS here also which is what caused the diverticular disease) and eat all this fiber...blah blah blah.

But the back pain is back and whether it's from the colon inflammation or my arthritis who knows. And I'm not about to ask. Don't need that Pandora's box opened.

You are like me, you have to work constantly in order to half way feel good and sometimes you just get tired of not feeling well and hurting, but still, you fight on just as I do.

Just know that you aren't alone in this quest. :hugs

We are prepared as good as it's gonna get. I believe we are in excellent shape to weather this, come what may. In the early morning, we will bring the chickens in, and put them in their cages in the garage. We will bring the solar pathway lights in at that time too, take the batteries out, and put them in the charger, so they'll be ready for tomorrow night, if needed. Pathway lights are great sources of lighting in the home at night, as well as outdoors in an emergency.

Back
Top Bottom