The Old Folks Home

My youngest grand discovered tadpoles in the lowest area of the yard. She's never seen them transform, so we had her catch some, and put them in a container. The container is on the patio. We fed them, and kept the water aerated. We stacked rocks in the center, for them to climb onto, when they sprouted legs. Now, plenty have developed all 4 legs, and are hopping onto the rocks. They haven't totally lost their tails yet.

NOW it's time to put the container outside. The few early starters have hopped out of the container, and Quacker Sparkles ate them. When the grands wake up, we will set the container just outside the patio door, where they can see them, but if they hop out, the duck won't eat them. It'll help ensure I don't have frogs hopping around the patio, in case they escape the duck.

My youngest grand discovered tadpoles in the lowest area of the yard. She's never seen them transform, so we had her catch some, and put them in a container. The container is on the patio. We fed them, and kept the water aerated. We stacked rocks in the center, for them to climb onto, when they sprouted legs. Now, plenty have developed all 4 legs, and are hopping onto the rocks. They haven't totally lost their tails yet.

NOW it's time to put the container outside. The few early starters have hopped out of the container, and Quacker Sparkles ate them. When the grands wake up, we will set the container just outside the patio door, where they can see them, but if they hop out, the duck won't eat them. It'll help ensure I don't have frogs hopping around the patio, in case they escape the duck.
Tadpoles are great fun!! :clap

Yeah, we have to travel over 2 dirt roads to get to our house from town. Pretty much useless to wash vehicles.
That's how we tell country folks from townies here, Cap. By the amount of dirt on the cars. Over two miles of gravel and dirt roads between us and the nearest blacktop. Dirt is a way of life.

Hi all. Everybody behaving here at the home? Haven't been around for a while but have missed you guys.

Cap, are you feeling better?

That's how we tell country folks from townies here, Cap. By the amount of dirt on the cars. Over two miles of gravel and dirt roads between us and the nearest blacktop. Dirt is a way of life.

Hi all. Everybody behaving here at the home? Haven't been around for a while but have missed you guys.

Cap, are you feeling better?
How are you and yours?

It haa been a bit since you checked in.

I ordered a Sonicare electric toothbrush today.
I got one after my cleaning about a year ago at the suggestion of my new hygienist. Yeah, I wasn't doing a great job, just thought I was. 2 minutes is a LONG time but the toothbrush breaks it into four 30 second blocks and makes it obvious just how short a time I was brushing.

This hygienist gave me specific instructions on how to floss. I suppose someone probably did that 60 years ago. She said my brushing surfaces were much better but the flossing areas still need work so I need to pay attention to curving the floss around the teeth at gum level. Cleanings much easier and faster now!

I need to wash my truck, and vacuum it out. I don't mind, BUT I hate doing it, only for it to rain, and mess it all up, OR for mud to splat on it.
Ian will wash it for you, just vacuum the inside.

Yeah, we have to travel over 2 dirt roads to get to our house from town. Pretty much useless to wash vehicles.
Same here, only 1/2 mile is dirt going north (3 miles going south) but that is plenty to cover the car when we haven't had rain for a day or two. The only reason my car would still be clean a day after I washed it would be because I didn't drive it anywhere.

How are you and yours?

It haa been a bit since you checked in.
Thank you Al, We aren't doing too bad. Still going toe to toe with the diverticular disease but winning the battle one skirmish at a time.

Had a Bone Density test done this month and the three years of agony that is called Prolia was worth the discomfort as my bone density has improved and all they are seeing is osteopenia and no osteoporosis at this time. YAY!

And DH is still getting whittled on so things are pretty much normal here.

Yeah, I've been bad. Been over on @pennyJo1960's thread and still trying to help folks out with Marek's disease.

How have you all been? Battened down and ready for winter, I hope.

We've been prepping most of the day for the incoming storm. We'll have everything finished up by tomorrow afternoon, except a couple very last minute things. It sort of sounds like we are unprepared, and have lots to do, but that's not exactly true. There are some things that can't be done too far in advance, and a couple things that are almost last minute things. An example of that is, I'll put the huge tarp down on the garage floor tomorrow morning, and get all the cages set up, and ready, but I don't want to bring the chickens in too soon. Moving them is one of the last things we'll do, before the weather gets bad.

Back
Top Bottom