The Old Folks Home

I ordered a Sonicare electric toothbrush today. They're suppose to be the best. I got middle of the line, not the most expensive. Due to the Zometa infusions, I'm not allowed to get routine dental care. If I could go get regular cleanings twice a year, and fillings replaced as needed, I would have no problems. Since I can't do that, I figure I can up my game with the best toothbrush, and better daily care.
Have you tried Xylitol yet? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4232036/

I have been using it for several years now and it works wonders for me.

My new toothbrush arrived. I put it on the charger. In the meantime, I watched a couple videos on how to use it. I've been using a Spinbrush Pro for years. I know that sounds crazy to watch a video on how to use it, but as I found out, it was not so crazy after all.

After supper, I was ready to tackle brushing, and flossing. I used it like the video instructed. WOW! All I know is, my teeth feel so much cleaner than after using the Spinbrush Pro. Huge difference.

Good news. Dh got on the phone today to cancel with our FIOS, then in 2 days we could go back in as a new customer, to get the best price on a plan with them. The rep he spoke with, told him he did NOT have to do what the previous rep told him. This rep has been with them much longer apparently, and knows more about all the plans, and knew how to get us switched over without jumping through hoops.

FIOS will be out tomorrow, and switch us over, so we'll only be down while they're switching things out. In addition, they have been trying hard to get people to switch from cable to streaming, and they have an incentive program in place, which will end up saving us even more than we would have, doing it the other way.

Good morning.
I tried out a bunch of different dental hygienists here in town before I found the one we use now.

GENTLE, and zero lecture.

There has to be some online review thing... maybe? So you can find who will be competent at their job, AND gentle, AND kind... maybe??
My dentist had a GREAT hygienist - she left the practice. Since then, perhaps a half a dozen people with varying degrees of expertise have worked on my teeth. Whenever they give me any crap, I say, "I'm 81 years old. How much longer do you think I'm going to live, and if I am doing such a lousy job why do I still have most of my teeth? :rant

Had my teeth cleaned recently, and she was brutal. She battered me around so badly that 3 days later I had an outbreak of canker sores. :mad:

Good morning.

My dentist had a GREAT hygienist - she left the practice. Since then, perhaps a half a dozen people with varying degrees of expertise have worked on my teeth. Whenever they give me any crap, I say, "I'm 81 years old. How much longer do you think I'm going to live, and if I am doing such a lousy job why do I still have most of my teeth? :rant

Had my teeth cleaned recently, and she was brutal. She battered me around so badly that 3 days later I had an outbreak of canker sores. :mad:
Yeah... tell them "they done did wrong"

:old

If you want me to take her out... just give me her number! ;)

Back
Top Bottom