The Old Folks Home

Cap that is a gorgeous building. Girl, you could live in that building if you wanted to. Congratulations! Is it finished in the inside or are you and your DH going to have to run power, insulation and dry wall yourselves?
Thanks Becky, We need to put in flooring and fans.
20221128_163145.jpg

Laminate. I wanted ceramic tile, but hubby thought it would move too much and maybe crack.
We have vinyl laminate throughout the house. Love it to pieces. Cleans up easily and is super easy to install. Thought about doing hardwood but we both have dust allergies and thought having to sand and reseal would be a bit much for us.

All the ceramic we have is under our fireplace. Half inch thick 4X4 squares. Have to agree. Cracking is a problem. I didn't want to tear up damaged tiles so I used epoxy to seal the cracks. Thinking about doing either some sort of applique and sealing over them or doing some art to conceal the cracks and then sealing over them with some sort of clear epoxy or polyurethane.

Of course it would help more if we just stopped dropping chunks of wood on them.:plbb

Would have to put down a concrete board first, I forget what it's called.
Really? We didn't have to with our laminate. The previous owner had put down hardwood plywood over strand. We just put down the laminate. So far no real problems with it. After living here for 13 years we are still leveling floors. House is only 15 years old but everything seems to just now be settling.

We put down concrete/cement board under our fireplace and in the bathroom for added water protection and strength (put roll vinyl down there) but that is the only place we did.

Really? We didn't have to with our laminate. The previous owner had put down hardwood plywood over strand. We just put down the laminate. So far no real problems with it. After living here for 13 years we are still leveling floors. House is only 15 years old but everything seems to just now be settling.

We put down concrete/cement board under our fireplace and in the bathroom for added water protection and strength (put roll vinyl down there) but that is the only place we did.
Not under laminate, under ceramic. I didn't explain myself well, which is not surprising. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom