The Old Folks Home

In addition to the dentist I like to get good techs that do the regular cleanings.
Unless you have serious problems, I'd say the tech is more important. They do all the work, the dentist just comes in looks in your mouth for a minute and charges a bunch of money for the "work". A good hygienist (and YOU) keep your teeth and gums in good shape so you don't need the dentist ;)

Unless you have serious problems, I'd say the tech is more important. They do all the work, the dentist just comes in looks in your mouth for a minute and charges a bunch of money for the "work". A good hygienist (and YOU) keep your teeth and gums in good shape so you don't need the dentist
AMEN!! I floss. That really helps. The last time I went to the dentist, the hygienist said, "They scheduled too much time for you. We're done."

I know I am very lucky to have good teeth. That's why I take care of them.

I floss. That really helps.
My current hygienist is no nonsense and taught me how to floss when I started at that office a few years ago. We had moved and I didn't really care for a 55 mile round trip to the old office even though it is only twice a year. New one is 5 minutes, 3 miles.

I'm sure someone WAY back taught me how to floss and I forgot, wasn't good about doing it until "uh oh, dental appointment next week". Katie set me straight (I've not missed flossing even once since) and suggested I use an electric toothbrush. The one I got runs 4 "cycles" and you do a quarter of your mouth on each one. I had NO idea how long 2 minutes was? Used to be "brush, brush, brush, done". Cleanings go fast now, no blood or pain.

the hygienist - not so much. I haven't complained - yet.
You don't need to complain, just ask to see a different one next time :D

I have the electric toothbrush already and know I need to floss more often. Being I have no upper teeth it takes me less time for brushing and flossing so I have time to do a good job on both. My biggest problem is getting up and in there with everything before my nightly medications make me to groggy to do anything as well as I should. I can't blame anyone but myself for any problems I might have when I see the dentist and his hygienist.

Back
Top Bottom