The old GJF

I was here for the second half of what you're talking about. It was good, but stuff changes. That's life. Eventually, ideas for RPs run low and it gets a bit monogonous. I don't mind though, I join the ones that show promise, and leave the ones that don't.

I miss the little period of time before the RP's show up. And to this day, I still feel like I caused that. I brought over WingClan,
Which I had copied and pasted from another website. DON'T KILL MEEEE!
and it's like, BOOM! RP here, RP there, RP's everywhere. But it was good, but tiring, trying to get them..... under control, which I was the leading freak of xDD

And, wait, why were the Crazy Pullet's shut down??! I made the Crazy Cockerals, and the Pullets were AMAZINGGGG~

I miss the little period of time before the RP's show up. And to this day, I still feel like I caused that. I brought over WingClan,
Which I had copied and pasted from another website. DON'T KILL MEEEE!
and it's like, BOOM! RP here, RP there, RP's everywhere. But it was good, but tiring, trying to get them..... under control, which I was the leading freak of xDD
And, wait, why were the Crazy Pullet's shut down??! I made the Crazy Cockerals, and the Pullets were AMAZINGGGG~

Was that the first RP...?

I agree with Nix. Bad things might have resulted from the RPs, but a lot of good did too. It's all part of history now. :p
Before the RPs I was on state a fact and the rating threads, and a few word games. They were a bit like my hangout on BYC. That was fun too.

I believe forums go through changes, there will always be those 'older members' that remember a phase they wished had lasted b/c that was where they had..in a sense..been used too. I feel like GJF is still recovering from the Banny phase. If you don't know, please don't ask unless you have too.
It makes me sad when the older members spend time resenting the changes and the new members; kinda defeats the purpose of hanging out, doesn't it?

The new members are pretty cool. It's just very different now, that's all, not in a bad way. Friends come and go, we make new ones, we miss old ones. There are many things I love about BYC now, but many things that aren't as good as they used to be. I think a few of the older members just voiced their opinions here about the latter category. I'm sure if someone started a thread about great things about BYC now, everyone would have a lot of good stuff to say too. I know I sure would. ;)

Back
Top Bottom