The Olive-Egger thread!

If I breed a BCM roo with an f1 olive Egger hen will that result in darker olive colored eggs?

It's a 50/50 chance, but yes. You will be taking the chance that your F-1 hen passes on her single blue gene; if she does, you'll have a very dark olive layer. (And if she doesn't, you'll have a brown layer.)

My new 1st,2nd &3rd gen OE's. Roo is a 1st year OE{splash Maran X Ameraucana}
I ended up with a few new chick colors this year. A yellow, tan and red one.
The 1st 2 years of crossing blue and black copper marans over mint green laying hens made all blue and black chicks.
So I am excited to see what the tan, yellow and red one grow out to be.

Last edited:
Someone please help me, is this f2 olive egger a pullet or a cockerel. I was sure it was a she, but now I'm wondering. Pictured at 13 weeks. Mom was olive egger, dad fbcm

I didn't get many Pullets from my last hatch, and only one Oliver. She has a funny combo-comb, sort of rosé/pea/straight. I put 3 of her eggs in the bator this time, and this weekend is hatch time. Both her and the roo are bcm/ameraucana crosses, so it will be interesting to see what hatches.

I'm just starting my project and was wondering what Marian's lay the really dark chocolate looking eggs and what chickens lay the really red brown eggs I have a flock of 8 mo olds.a EE roo 2 EE hens a silver lace roo and 3 silver lace hens and about 17 brown egg layers from murry.now I want to get dark olives and striking feather color and patterns

Back
Top Bottom