The Olive-Egger thread!

I have read that crossing a Cream Legbar with a welsumer will make auto sexing chicks but what will each sex chick look like ? Will the girls stay chipmunk and the boys have the spot on the head and be lighter? Thanks

I have read that crossing a Cream Legbar with a welsumer will make auto sexing chicks but what will each sex chick look like ? Will the girls stay chipmunk and the boys have the spot on the head and be lighter? Thanks

I can't comment on the big scheme of things but I have a little OE girl whose mother is a welsumer and other than some pale barring, she looked just like a welsumer pullet when she was small..

Thankyou for that observation, til I get more info will assume the girls will resemble welsumer or Legbar female chicks with the stripes (chipmunk) any anything else a male. I have a hen from this mix, before finding out they can be auto sexed, but don't remember what she looked like as a day old.

Does anyone have OE that they hatched from Papa's Poultry eggs? I have a few eggs under my broody right now and can't wait until they hatch!!! I'm curious to see photos of the hens/eggs that others may have rec'd from Papa's. He did a GREAT job packaging them. Not one was broken, they were wrapped and packaged very securely.

Back
Top Bottom