The Olive-Egger thread!

Feather pattern/color is indicative of a pullet... but with crosses, it's always harder to be certain.

I'm betting it's a girl tho.
wink.png

Agreed.

I'm sorry. Very disappointing I'm sure.

;0(

I'm still hoping at least one will hatch. We'll see.
caf.gif

I added a couple of olive eggers to my flock! I already have one F1 Ameraucauna x red star lady who is laying Ameraucauna-blue eggs, so I still need the green for my basket! These guys are F2 Marans / Ameraucauna hybrids.

Black OE, center. She has cheeks AND feathered legs.

Photo bomb!

Blue OE, stuffing her face as usual.

I already have one F1 Ameraucauna x red star lady who is laying Ameraucauna-blue eggs, so I still need the green for my basket!
You crossed an Ameraucana and red star and got a pullet who lays blue??
Wonders what happened to the brown coating??

I crossed a Welsummer and an amberlink/EE that lays OE.....pullet from that cross lays blue!!
WTH...what happened to the brown coating!!?!?1

Hatched 3 out of 4 F2 OE eggs sourced locally on Wed. I'd add the pic but it says I'm not allowed to yet. 1 white, a chocolate brown and a "splash like". They're amazing. The pics are in my OE folder in my profile. They are BCM roo over OE hen. The eggs were pretty dark green, hoping for even darker out of these girls!

Hatched 3 out of 4 F2 OE eggs sourced locally on Wed. I'd add the pic but it says I'm not allowed to yet. 1 white, a chocolate brown and a "splash like". They're amazing. The pics are in my OE folder in my profile. They are BCM roo over OE hen. The eggs were pretty dark green, hoping for even darker out of these girls!

You will likely have half brown egg layers and half green egg layers. some of the OE eggs will be a very dark green too.

Back
Top Bottom