The Olive-Egger thread!

@EpicBlueAcres what brand of incubator is that?

Its an incuview from incubator warehouse. I got it because of the entirely clear lid and it regulates if outside temperature changes. So far it's worked great the only down fall is it only holds 27 eggs & (I assume because it side rolls eggs) I have had a few pip the wrong end.

Hi there!!! I am curious, I have 3 Easter eggers. 1 is almost 1! She lays green eggs and has green ears. The other 2 are 7.5 weeks old, I've noticed 1 has the green ear, 1 a pinkish brown. I have heard that their ear color is an indicator of egg color. Is that true???

Hi there!!! I am curious, I have 3 Easter eggers. 1 is almost 1! She lays green eggs and has green ears. The other 2 are 7.5 weeks old, I've noticed 1 has the green ear, 1 a pinkish brown. I have heard that their ear color is an indicator of egg color. Is that true???
Not for mixed breed chickens. Generally speaking there are either white or red ear lobe chickens, and typically (but not 100%) white earlobes correlates to white egg shells, red to brown. There is no link between ear lobe and shell color, it was just how they were bred/selected. The white may appear slightly off white.

I have several chickens with white earlobes that lay blue, and some that have red that also lay blue.

The ear color works for some US breeds and indicates brown or white eggs.

It will not work for the blue egg shell color.

I would LOVE at least 1 blue egg layer.
1f601.png

Back
Top Bottom