The Olive-Egger thread!

It looks like a boy to me, but aren't cream legbar girls barred? So with the non barred copper maran rooster wouldn't that make a sexlinked chick with boys being barred?

I agree with this. And yes this is correct.

To me, it doesn't look like a CL x BCM. I see the CL features but not the marans.

Ok I have a few questions for the experts!
1f61c.png

I currently have FBCM Roos and hens, OE hen, EE hens, and a barred EE Roo. (Non of my EE are "true" Ameracana chickens)
I understand the dark brown egg x to blue egg creates a olive egg. My questions are when my OE and EE cross with my FBCM what am I looking at for color eggs?
Also when my FBCM hens and EE hens crosses with my Barred EE Roo what are my color eggs and with the Roo being barred will the chicks be sex linked?
Also crossing my FBCM with my EE will I still get OE chicks? It all gets so confusing. Lol.

I have a BCM hen X Lavender Ameraucana roo bird that lays a very dark olive egg. I have now bred her with a Cream Legbar roo. So far I have 2 hens and a roo from this cross. Wondering what the eggs might look like. Any input? Also, I am in NC Florida and would gladly trade this roo for most anything reasonable. Hatched Dec. 3.

I have a BCM hen X Lavender Ameraucana roo bird that lays a very dark olive egg. I have now bred her with a Cream Legbar roo. So far I have 2 hens and a roo from this cross. Wondering what the eggs might look like. Any input? Also, I am in NC Florida and would gladly trade this roo for most anything reasonable. Hatched Dec. 3.
Maybe this will help. It is from CCL Farms.

Sorry. The picture is not showing up. You can check it out on their website:
http://www.cclfarms.com/#!the-eggs/c181p

Last edited:
'Roo birds' don't lay eggs... :D .....I assume you mean his sister lays very dark olive eggs??

If you cross a BCM/LavAm to a CL....you'll get some olive eggs(probably darker) and some brown eggs.

'Roo birds' don't lay eggs... :D .....I assume you mean his sister lays very dark olive eggs??

If you cross a BCM/LavAm to a CL....you'll get some olive eggs(probably darker) and some brown eggs.

I thought crossing back to a blue egg layer would certainly give you blue or green not brown, like crossing back to a dark brown layer might. Kern

The way I read this it is a BCM hen bred to Lavender Ameraucana roo and then that hen bred back to a CL roo. I am missing something if that crossing doesn't make green eggs all the time. It would seem there are a lot more blue egg genes in that cross than in the original cross. Kern

Back
Top Bottom