The Olive-Egger thread!

9 weeks today...these were my Christmas babies, I dont think It came from the new years hatch but could have, all are running together...if It is nyd its 8 weeks old
There is a very high chance of the chick being a cockerel. The comb is a bit too pink and the wattles are coming in pink too. That should happen after 16 weeks old for a pullet.

Last edited:
Quote: I think it looks like a boy as well (though I don't have as much experience as others). But I have to say, that is a GOOD looking boy.
love.gif

- Ant Farm

Well I hope this joker is a hen but I have my doubts, It is kinda cool looking. Its a cross of Crested Cream Legbar hen with Copper Maran rooster in hopes of an olive egger

my first guess was boy because of comb but at 9 weeks my bcm cockerel had big wattles too. I am not familiar with cream legbars but I think they too have big wattles. so I keep my fingers crossed it is a girl.

Well I hope this joker is a hen but I have my doubts, It is kinda cool looking. Its a cross of Crested Cream Legbar hen with Copper Maran rooster in hopes of an olive egger

It looks like a boy to me, but aren't cream legbar girls barred? So with the non barred copper maran rooster wouldn't that make a sexlinked chick with boys being barred?

I had a white faced spanish black girl hen I bought from a feed store, they had it in a bin that said roosters on it, and even as a chick she had a big comb, I looked at her though and said that is a hen. And bought her she laid big white eggs.

Im afraid to try and tell because I gave a friend what "seemed" to be a huge cockerel but her whole family swears its a huge red hen lol.

I have a blue Ameraucana over a legbar hen who looks to be about the same age. She is definitely a hen, now she also has a pea comb, but were her comb is is still almost completely flat. But her face and head coloring are exactly like yours.

Back
Top Bottom