The Olive-Egger thread!

So I contacted the lady. She was breeding olive eggers and black copper marans. They were identified by the lack of leg feathering, since their combs resembled a modified pea. Hers all possess wattles and no beards/muffs. She would be an F2 olive egger. The lady offered to buy her back or trade for a bcm. I told her that I was happy that I ended up with one and solved the mystery.

This is her second egg next to my easter egger, bcm and buff orpington egg.

easter has already been in the air! lucky you

So I contacted the lady. She was breeding olive eggers and black copper marans. They were identified by the lack of leg feathering, since their combs resembled a modified pea. Hers all possess wattles and no beards/muffs. She would be an F2 olive egger. The lady offered to buy her back or trade for a bcm. I told her that I was happy that I ended up with one and solved the mystery.

This is her second egg next to my easter egger, bcm and buff orpington egg.

What a nice surprise. Pretty collection of eggs there.

Hen or cockerel? I have 3 olive eggers that are 5-6 weeks old and was wanting some opinions.

What are they crossed with. My Golden Cuckoo marans and easter eggers are super easy to sex at 2-3 weeks old. Maybe because the marans have such a large comb.

These are from 4 weeks old, pullet then cockeral:

The males also a noticable bit bigger at this age as well. I think yours look like pullets.

Last edited:
I think they're all pullets......at 5-6 weeks there'd be way more red on cockerels comb/wattles, as shown on morbius18's examples.

Back
Top Bottom