The Olive-Egger thread!

I am hatching some Olive eggers in my incubator. My question is what color the chicks might be when hatched?

My rooster is Wheaten Ameraucana EE cross, and the hens are either Black Copper Marans and some Welsummer. I would sure like some of these olive eggers to be some other color than cooper Marans, but in past olive eggers when Marans was used I always got hens that looked more like Marans. My hope is the Wheaten colors of my rooster will cross the colors, right?

I am hatching some Olive eggers in my incubator.  My question is what color the chicks might be when hatched?

My rooster is Wheaten Ameraucana EE cross, and the hens are either Black Copper Marans and some Welsummer.  I would sure like some of these olive eggers to be some other color than cooper Marans, but in past olive eggers when Marans was used I always got hens that looked more like Marans.  My hope is the Wheaten colors of my rooster will cross the colors, right?

I would say the Wheaten ee cross isn't going to be homogenous for the Wheaten color, so it might have hidden recessive traits.

What color would chicks come out of a splash marana x wheaton ameraucana cross the ameraucanas lay light blue and the marana has a dark gene like 6 to 7 almost 8 .what color would the chicks be and what colorof eggs would they lay .? Thanks for any help

I have a pullet who just started laying light olive eggs, her dad was an LF wheaten ameraucana (who came from a line with greenish eggs) and her mom was a hatchery bantam cornish who laid brown eggs

Last edited:
I have a pullet who just started laying light olive eggs, her dad was an LF wheaten ameraucana (who came from a line with greenish eggs) and her mom was a hatchery bantam cornish who laid brown eggs
Sounds great!

Please Post some pictures!

Well I hope this joker is a hen but I have my doubts, It is kinda cool looking. Its a cross of Crested Cream Legbar hen with Copper Maran rooster in hopes of an olive egger

Well I hope this joker is a hen but I have my doubts, It is kinda cool looking. Its a cross of Crested Cream Legbar hen with Copper Maran rooster in hopes of an olive egger

How old is the chick?

Makes a big difference because both breeds in the cross have big straight combs.

9 weeks today...these were my Christmas babies, I dont think It came from the new years hatch but could have, all are running together...if It is nyd its 8 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom