The Olive-Egger thread!

very nice. They look great. I get a great variety

Hi Everyone. I have a few roooooos in my crew... but this one is the most interesting. He is either and OE or an Ameraucana. Anyone seen anything like this? Any Thoughts?
Thanks!

olive egger most likely with those feathered shanks,,,I saw your other post stating you have BCM in your flock
Thanks again for the answers. I LOVE all these different breeds and am SUPER excited to get all the different colored eggs, but I sure wish they were easier to tell apart!! when the arrived, they had bands, well the OE's did. at the time, some were black and some were gray and then they sent extra. ! Some are tricky too as to which are really roo's or not............well at least for me ;-) lol .... they are not all crowing!

Hi everyone! !! New chicken owner here!!!! :) picked up 3 12 wk olds today. I was told 2 were OE due to black legs and 1EE. Do you think they are girls???

Nice. 

Question.   To get an Olive Egger layer, I know you need a blue egg layer, and a brown egg layer.   So, does it matter if it's something other than the Marans breed?  Can a Welsummer..a Barnevelder..or any brown egg layer do?  As long as she is bred with the EE or Ameraucuana?
Yep, using a wellsummer you may get speckled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom