The Pepper Baby Chronicles Indiana Winter in the Aviary

Pics
I think that's reasonable. Especially since you've been handling them already.
I’m just going by what I think he will be able to sell them for at 8 weeks or what I could get for them if I were to put in the time to hand raise them. A “pet store” bird goes for around 25-30 but hand-raised parakeets seem to be in high demand here as of late so I’m guessing he can get up to $60 per hand-raised baby???? So I might be a bit low at that. I also did some research and my previous baby colors (albino and pied-white are also more expensive colors)

I’m just going by what I think he will be able to sell them for at 8 weeks or what I could get for them if I were to put in the time to hand raise them. A “pet store” bird goes for around 25-30 but hand-raised parakeets seem to be in high demand here as of late so I’m guessing he can get up to $60 per hand-raised baby???? So I might be a bit low at that. I also did some research and my previous baby colors (albino and pied-white are also more expensive colors)
Exactly. All good points.

Wow!

I never knew any of that.

but at the risk of not seeming all-knowing.

What’s a hand raised bird?

Wow!

I never knew any of that.

but at the risk of not seeming all-knowing.

What’s a hand raised bird?
Unlike chickens and other poultry, parrots aren’t born ready to feed themselves. Their parents feed them and raise them for about 6-8 weeks. So with hand raised ones, you take them away from the parents and raise them yourself with a special hand feeding formula. It’s supposed to make them friendlier and tamer because you’re handling them so often. Most of the store bought ones are quite flighty and difficult to tame. So the hand raised ones are quite desirable.

Back
Top Bottom