The Pig Nextdoor...

MichiganWoods

DD (Artistic Digital Diva)
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
West Michigan
I don't know WHAT my neighbors are doing to it, but it's squealing and it sounds like a child screaming bloody murder. My God. Pigs are off of my "to get list", permanently. Last summer all of their kids came traipsing through my yard while we were having a family dinner around the barbecue to announce that their pig had run onto our property. Took them ages to catch the thing. I honestly didn't mind the unannounced visit, but the squealing is awful.
hide.gif

My pig squeals for fun. It's a pig thing. She squeals when she's happy, when she's sad, when she's hungry, when she's full...

She also barks at the dogs and my husband (who insists on trying to ride her like a saddle bronc).

She has a high pitched "whiney" squeal she uses when she can smell the goats' milk and she doesn't get any.

They are a bit noisy, but I love my Tina-Pig. She's very smart.

Tina.jpg

Maybe I've just not been around pigs that much... I dunno. But the people sounded miffed at it. And it didn't sound like a happy squeal either.
hmm.png

Quote:
How big is Tina?

When I was in HS a sow went after my friend and had her jacket in her mouth. She had to loose the jacket to get out of the pen.BTW she was in the pen because the production animal science teacher told her to "go get a piglet" Looking back I think he hated her.

That's a pig for ya! They're very vocal.

But pigs can get HUGE! My friend was minding her business at the county fair when breeding sow got lose from its cage and charged her for no reason, huge pig. It threw her against the fence and continued to ram her. I think it broke a few of her ribs, but she was ok otherwise. It was INTENSE. How many people get to say they were viciously attacked by a pig? lol.

Back
Top Bottom