The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Pics
That is excellent news
wink.png
It has been a long road to recovery after the egg farmer messed up my breeders last year.

When I went to pick them up in August, my Rooster was laying dead in the grass about 15 feet from the breeding pen. A raccoon had killed him the night before and the guy thought it would be a good idea to leave the dead body out so that the coons would go after the dead one instead of the live ones. He had a hundred or so growing out. I did not see my hens so I grabbed the four pullets. Luckily I had the boy at home growing out. I am fairly sure my backup breeder was lost too.

He also had a pen with my Bresse Rooster and hens in a different pen. I bet they are all gone now.

I have given up on that arrangement so have lost the Bresse too. He is an odd duck. The deal was that I would hatch for him and he would keep my roosters. I hatched out several hundred chicks for him--they were my breeders too--and he then asked for feed money for keeping the breeders.

Go figure....

It has been a long road to recovery after the egg farmer messed up my breeders last year.

When I went to pick them up in August, my Rooster was laying dead in the grass about 15 feet from the breeding pen. A raccoon had killed him the night before and the guy thought it would be a good idea to leave the dead body out so that the coons would go after the dead one instead of the live ones. He had a hundred or so growing out. I did not see my hens so I grabbed the four pullets. Luckily I had the boy at home growing out. I am fairly sure my backup breeder was lost too.

He also had a pen with my Bresse Rooster and hens in a different pen. I bet they are all gone now.

I have given up on that arrangement so have lost the Bresse too. He is an odd duck. The deal was that I would hatch for him and he would keep my roosters. I hatched out several hundred chicks for him--they were my breeders too--and he then asked for feed money for keeping the breeders.

Go figure....

As my father in law says..."People...they're everywhere." Glad it is all sorted out now. How are your New Years Hatch chicks doing? Any sign of gender?

As my father in law says..."People...they're everywhere." Glad it is all sorted out now. How are your New Years Hatch chicks doing? Any sign of gender?
They are doing great! I posted a video of the last week that showed the boys and girls. They are almost 4 weeks old so just a couple more weeks and they will be ready to move out.

The video is no the Trader Joes thread.

Ron, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the farmer -- that's terrible.

On a happy note, I thought I'd share this story in case anyone is wondering if pita pintas are smart. This afternoon, I was putting the girls back in their run while holding a bag of mealworms, and Odette jumped up in the air just as I was opening the bag so it would jostle out of my hands and mealworms would spill everywhere! She is so clever; she timed and aimed perfectly. :)

Ron, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the farmer -- that's terrible.

On a happy note, I thought I'd share this story in case anyone is wondering if pita pintas are smart. This afternoon, I was putting the girls back in their run while holding a bag of mealworms, and Odette jumped up in the air just as I was opening the bag so it would jostle out of my hands and mealworms would spill everywhere! She is so clever; she timed and aimed perfectly.
smile.png

Thanks!

That is very acrobatic of her.

Back
Top Bottom