The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Pics
What reason are you culling these 3 is it just friendlines
I'm not culling them. Just wondering if anyone in N CA wants them to begin breeding Pita Pinta. The cockerel will probably end up on death row with the other 20 cockerels that are around the same age. .

The two week old Pita Pintas and one Olive egger chick went out for the first time today. I shot a video and it is compiling on Vimeo. I will post it when it is ready.

For now, enjoy a couple of pictures.

The Video is ready!

vimeo_logo.png

@petrock and @ronott1 I love all those pita pinta babies.. The eggs I received from Debi will be candled again, Tuesday, 5th, then go into lockdown. I am so hoping for a good hatch. My first time and shipped eggs at that, we'll see. I have been reading all the posts on the Easter HAL forum and the incubating and hatching forum so that I can be somewhat prepared. Wish us luck, please!

Ok My pitas are 12 weeks and the 2 boys just topped 3 lbs the girls havent quite gotten to 2 and a half yet (one is still just under 2 lbs)

I have 2 younger pitas who appear to be following similar growth rates as the older group at just over 6 weeks they are in the ball park of where the others were when I started weighing them at 7 weeks.

It will be interesting to note how they fair by comparison. At this rate I think the younger 2 are both girls but this is a crucial week for determining the difference.

The older boys are super sweet still and the girls are so calm. When it comes to putting them back in their cage after yard play time the girls simply stand there and wait to be picked up. The boys give a small chase if I move too fast but are easy to catch anyway.

I love this breed. Ill get pics up soon.

Ok My pitas are 12 weeks and the 2 boys just topped 3 lbs the girls havent quite gotten to 2 and a half yet (one is still just under 2 lbs)

I have 2 younger pitas who appear to be following similar growth rates as the older group at just over 6 weeks they are in the ball park of where the others were when I started weighing them at 7 weeks.

It will be interesting to note how they fair by comparison. At this rate I think the younger 2 are both girls but this is a crucial week for determining the difference.

The older boys are super sweet still and the girls are so calm. When it comes to putting them back in their cage after yard play time the girls simply stand there and wait to be picked up. The boys give a small chase if I move too fast but are easy to catch anyway.

I love this breed. Ill get pics up soon.
This is great to hear how gentle they are. I would love to add this breed, but do to space can only enjoy them from afar!

I have my first broody pita pinta!

I had to move her though--she chose a place that gets too hot in the afternoon. I may give her some chicks if she stays broody.

Back
Top Bottom