The Pita Pinta Asturiana

Pics
Debi, The Pita Pintas have just started laying today. Two of them so far and the 3rd looks like later. My wife Lynne got them from you about Sep 13th. They are so beautiful.
Thanks so much!!
Jeff

Debi, The Pita Pintas have just started laying today. Two of them so far and the 3rd looks like later. My wife Lynne got them from you about Sep 13th. They are so beautiful.
Thanks so much!!
Jeff

Thanks so much!!
Jeff

Very good looking eggs! I hatched some of Debi's Zorro eggs last spring. The 2 pullets just started laying at 8 mos. I love the beautiful cream color!

First pita egg of 2016! 66 g, laid by Odile.

Congrats! My 2 Pita Pinta's just started laying for the first time in January. Didn't think they were ever going to lay
wee.gif

They lay the largest egg of any of my others, Marraduna Basque, and Easter Eggers. I have one Easter Egger/Olive egg layer that is my most dependable egg layer at least 4-5 a week. Did not slow down during short daylight hours.

those are pretty brown eggs. is that what they normally lay?

My Odile laid the lovely brown egg in the pic. My little Odette lays pink eggs, pink like ballerina tights. You've never seen anything so cute. I think most pitas lay in the cream to light brown color family.

Congrats!  My 2 Pita Pinta's just started laying for the first time in January.  Didn't think they were ever going to lay :weee
They lay the largest egg of any of my others, Marraduna Basque, and Easter Eggers.  I have one Easter Egger/Olive egg layer that is my most dependable egg layer at least 4-5 a week.  Did not slow down during short daylight hours.

That's amazing!

Hi
I talked to petrock at the Modesto show. I am looking to get a rooster to put over my grab bag of hens. I would like to fertilize eggs and then hatch some.
Just playing around now. May get serious later but would like a pita pinta if the roosters are usually nice. But you know what PITA stands for? Pain in the ***.

I am in Stockton. Also looking at the Orpington. Anyone know anything about papa poultry in Redding. He breeds the orp..
I also found a breeder of the Orusthona in Northern California .. This is the breed I would eventually like to breed but very expensive. I would like to learn more before investing a lot of money.

I still have certain dogs who don't get the fact that these are not in their food chain. (Only the eggs when I decide)

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom