The Pita Pinta Asturiana

I am 99.5% positive I have 6 pullets and 4 cockerels. Not bad out of 10. I am planning on keeping 4 pullets and 1-2 of the best cockerels.
Did you wing or vent sex? I think I've read you can't sex some breeds. Bantams maybe?

Are PP roosters gentle or is some of it nuture vs. nature? I'd appreciate some points on this from everyone. Our previous roosters were brutal and many of our hens had bare backs. I ended up getting rid of them.

Did you wing or vent sex? I think I've read you can't sex some breeds. Bantams maybe?

Are PP roosters gentle or is some of it nuture vs. nature? I'd appreciate some points on this from everyone. Our previous roosters were brutal and many of our hens had bare backs. I ended up getting rid of them.
I am going by looks alone as I read in this thread the cockerels are obvious by about 5-6 weeks. I agree as the pullets have no red at all and their combs are tiny in comparison.

this is a cockerel

A1CD2E34-E79A-49F8-B132-D607823C0E0E.jpeg

This is 2 pullets in front and 2 cockerels in the back right.

F781FF19-7B62-4047-848C-63478FADB8BC.jpeg

I am not an expert but I am pretty sure I got that right.

I am going by looks alone as I read in this thread the cockerels are obvious by about 5-6 weeks. I agree as the pullets have no red at all and their combs are tiny in comparison.

this is a cockerel

View attachment 2661452
This is 2 pullets in front and 2 cockerels in the back right.

View attachment 2661453
I am not an expert but I am pretty sure I got that right.
Nice!

This will be my first time with a Pita Pinta Rooster. I have read through this entire thread and it seems more people had well behaved roosters, but there were a few mentions of aggression from a couple. I tend to think it might be individual, but I haven’t owned too many. I had a Dominique that was great and never once was aggressive and then I had an Easter egger that was aggressive from a young age.

I have my fingers crossed that I manage to get a couple of good ones from this bunch.

This will be my first time with a Pita Pinta Rooster. I have read through this entire thread and it seems more people had well behaved roosters, but there were a few mentions of aggression from a couple. I tend to think it might be individual, but I haven’t owned too many. I had a Dominique that was great and never once was aggressive and then I had an Easter egger that was aggressive from a young age.

I have my fingers crossed that I manage to get a couple of good ones from this bunch.
That has been my experience with them, mostly gentle. I had one that was aggressive though

Of that bunch 2 were hens and 5 roosters. I know they aren’t sex linked however 2 were whiter. I need to pay closer attention to this next time.
I had 8 hatch, two of mine were noticeably whiter too. We looked at their wings and guessed that two are roosters and six hens. Watch, lol that will be the opposite,

Are your two whites any different than the others now? Roosters maybe?

Back
Top Bottom