The Plymouth Rock Breeders Thread- Part Deux

Hello, I'm looking to build up some stock to get back into Barreds. I'm intrigued with the cross you are working on and would like to buy some of your culls after you sort your flock this year, if you would be interested. I'm near Marion, IL, Not sure where North-Central IL is. Keep up the good work, you're doing well! Tom Wheeler
I saw your post in the FB group! I'll look you up and friend you :)

Have a few potential birds this year. I've got to work on tails to get some lift. The one cockerel with the lift I need to complement has a bad comb and I've been a few years trying to work that out. Can't bring myself to use him and lose the time cleaning out side sprigs.

Attachments

• DSCN1739.JPG
    DSCN1739.JPG
    667.6 KB · Views: 12
I have five pullets and one cockerel saved from my supposed-Reese project. I still have my outside cock and one outside pullet, and am getting an outside pair. I plan to breed them separately and together and see what I get next year. The project birds actually look really good to me, especially the cockerel. I want to weigh them soon. The hens are going to freezer camp before winter. The cock may too, depending on how the new one looks. I'll get some pictures taken soon.

@cns2782 good looking girl!

I managed to get some pics of my cockerel a few weeks ago. I really like him.
20201004_081434.jpg

He is filling out more day by day, his tail is coming in beautifully, he's wide-wide-wide all the way back, good yellow to his legs without supplements.

It's amazing to see how different the American Partridge Rocks are to the ones I'm buying from Germany later this year. The German ones are much lighter. Still, incredibly scarce here in Europe, but the darker, mahogany shade is non-existent here.

Back
Top Bottom