The Plymouth Rock Breeders Thread- Part Deux

Mosey2003

Crowing
Apr 13, 2016
North-Central IL
Well that makes me worry much less, thanks! I typically like to store them in a spare turner on the counter, I think this year I may go ahead and put a wide, shallow pan of water under it just to make sure there's enough ambient humidity. The basement stays somewhere around 60-65F so isn't too bad, though I do wish it was closer to 50F. I just really am hoping for good, strong hatches so I can knock this out in as few batches as possible.

Egghead_Jr

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 16, 2010
NEK, VT
I used to store in basement and turn eggs as collecting once or twice a day. Anymore they are carried into the house from coops and set in egg cartons on the TV stand next to the door going out to the coop. Only thing about that room is no direct sunlight.

Geesh, when I picked up eggs from Murphy years ago he collected them in a shed outside. Egg carton, pointed end down and it frosted several nights. Got 18 or 19 eggs from that trio of his (that's easily 1.5 week collecting) and hatched 15.

Mosey2003

Crowing
Apr 13, 2016
North-Central IL
I hope these are so robust!

You know, remembering back to my very first birds and hatching, I collected for two weeks at least and I don't think I even turned them and I had a heck of a hatch rate... Hopefully moving past those problem hens will restore my luck :)

Top Bottom