The Plymouth Rock Breeders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This group of cockerels is 14-16 weeks old.

Do the cockerels usually go thru an awkward growth stage about this age? A few of these seemed much nicer looking a few weeks ago. Waiting and watching.

They sure do!!!! This is THE most gangly awkward stage during which very few of them look worthwhile. Two months from now, you'll turn around and gasp, "Whoa!!! Big Boy. Where'd you come from?"

Promise.

This is my best Barred pullet of the year. Here's her front view.

And from the rear. She's very wide through the tail and it is for this reason, she wins the best BR pullet of the year award, here at the farm. Very pleased to see that improvement.

I used an exceptional wide and full tailed male to get the improvement.

here's one of my pullets for this year.

This is my best Barred pullet of the year. Here's her front view.

And from the rear. She's very wide through the tail and it is for this reason, she wins the best BR pullet of the year award, here at the farm. Very pleased to see that improvement.

I used an exceptional wide and full tailed male to get the improvement.

She is just Gorgeous Fred!!! Job well done sir!!! LOve LOVE!!

Wow. That's a heck of a female you got their. really nice type and fantastic columbian color pattern an excellent example of how this breed/ variety should look. Congrats.
- Sam

Here is one of my females. She needs a bit longer back and a tad more thigh, but overall I DO like her a lot

5 years of work. Scott, you've worked hard on a variety that is incredibly rare. I salute your dedication, the commitment of time and resources and all your hard work in preserving this super rare variety and to think how far you've come with starter birds that were woeful. Kudos.

I know most people do not comprehend just how rare good examples of certain varieties really are. You exemplify what this thread is dedicated to showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom